It’s been so cold this winter (I’m in Canada, Ontario) our last few weeks we’ve had temperatures that have been feeling like -35! As soon as you go outside your face instantly freezes. 🙁 So to try and warm up a little I made a spicy chili. This is not your ordinary chili, I don’t like kidney beans and replaced them with baked beans. There is just enough spice to leave a lasting impression…and maybe a trip back for seconds. 😉
Spicy crock pot chili
- 1.5 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups diced peppers I used red, green and yellow
- 1.5 cups diced red onion
- 1 large can 28oz diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste 5.5oz
- 1 can baked beans I use a 398ml can of Heinz baked beans
- 2 Tbsp franks hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Brown your ground beef in a pan on the stove, drain and add to crockpot.
- Add in all your other ingredients and stir well.
- Cook on high until bubbling then turn to low and let simmer for 2 hours. Makes 9- 1 cup servings at 4sp or 4pp each.
- Use your chili and make a chili sausage dog. I used a low calorie hot dog bun, 1 chicken sausage, 1/3 cup chili and a sprinkle of cheese for 7pp.
- Nutritional info (not including veggies) per 1 cup serving.. Calories 168... Fat 3.3g... Saturated fat 1g... Carbs 11.9g... Fiber 3.2g... Sugars 4.9g.. Protein 20.1g