I’ve been wanting to make a taco recipe for a long time now, I picked up these Mission yellow corn tortillas on my last trip to the U.S. After speaking with a friend of mine here in Canada (Hi Dawn) we determined that the Grimm’s corn tortilla’s here in Canada have the same point value. I have also had a white chicken chili recipe on my “to-do” list for awhile now as it can be very point friendly on WW freestyle, so I did what I thought was best and combined the two. These tacos are so good and have great flavor plus they come together super easy, just 2 freestyle smart points each.
- 14 small tortilla's (as shown)
- 1 Tbsp light butter (I use Gay Lea)
- 1.5 Tbsp flour
- ½ cup milk (I used 1%)
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp chopped canned green chilies
- Dash of salt & pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 cup (8oz) cooked shredded chicken
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- Diced green onion
- 3.5 oz shredded reduced fat mozzarella (I use Trader Joe's)
- In a pan on the stove melt your butter over medium heat, stir in your flour quickly, it will form a paste.
- Whisk in your milk till the paste has dissolved, about 1 minute, stir in sour cream and broth and cook for 2 minutes stirring often, the sauce should thicken. Add seasonings and green chilies, remove from heat and set aside (you can give it a few stirs while it is set aside so it does not set too much)
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl mix your shredded chicken, corn and green onion together, pour in your cream sauce and mix well.
- Heat a small frying pan on stove over medium heat and add some cooking spray. Heat up one tortilla at a time, place in pan and give the tortilla a light spray, warm about 20 seconds on each side then place on your baking tray.
- Scoop about 2 Tbsp of chicken mixture into your tortilla, top with 1 Tbsp shredded cheese and fold over, repeat with all 14 tortillas. I lightly sprayed all of the tortillas just before going into the oven to "crisp" them up a bit.
- Bake in the oven for approx 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately, makes 14 tacos. They will freeze well, store in the fridge.
Smart Points- 3 using a SP calculator
Points PLus- 2 using a PP calculator
Nutritional info (incl corn) Calories.. 102...Fat 3.3g...Sat fat 0.8g...Carbs 10.8g...Fiber 1.4g...Sugar 2.1g...Protein 7.2g using My Fitness Pal *note- old SP & PP were determined before adding in corn, if using these numbers in an old calculator you may get a different point value