I figured it was time for another bubble up recipe as it’s been a while.. for those wondering “bubble up” is just a term given to the dish since you are adding biscuit dough to it and they bake up (aka. bubble up) into the recipe. I have several bubble up recipes that you can check out here if you wish. This chicken spinach & artichoke bubble up quickly became a new favorite, both myself and my husband devoured it ha! So much delicious flavor and just 6 smart points per serving on WW freestyle. If you are looking for an easy way to cook up some shredded chicken, I make some weekly, I add boneless skinless chicken breast to my crockpot, add in a few cups of chicken broth (enough to cover the chicken) and then cook on high for 3-4 hours. The chicken will then shred nicely and you can store it in the fridge for meals for the week.
Chicken spinach & artichoke bubble up
- 1- 7.5 oz package great value biscuits 10 small biscuits in the pack, I buy these in the U.S at Walmart for my Candian friends, buy the Pillsbury 340g country biscuits, 6.5 biscuits is about 7.5oz, cut each biscuit open so you have 2 pieces, then cut each piece into 6, this will give you enough biscuit pieces in total
- 4 oz light cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 3 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1 6 oz can artichoke drained and chopped
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken 8oz
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella *I use Trader Joe's
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some cooking spray.
- Cut your 10 small biscuits into 6 pieces each (giving you 60 pieces of dough)
- In a bowl mix together the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, parmesan cheese, garlic and salt & pepper. Stir well.
- Chop up your artichoke and spinach and stir into mixture, then stir in your cooked shredded chicken.
- Place half of your dough pieces into the mixture and gently fold in, then place remaining biscuit pieces and gently fold in again.
- Spoon mixture into your casserole dish, spread out evenly and be sure to check there are no clumps of biscuit pieces stuck together.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, remove from oven, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top then return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Divide into 6 equal servings. Store in refrigerator, bubble up will freeze well.
Smart Points- (green) 7 using WW recipe builder
Points PLus- 6 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 248...Fat 7.1g...Sat fat 3.3g...Carbs 24.1g...Fiber 1.4g...Sugar 5.2g...Protein 19.8g using My Fitness Pal *Note this includes all ingredients, old SP & PP were figured out before entering the spinach & artichoke into the equation as these are zero point foods