That title is a mouthful! And so were these brownies.. I wanted something salty and something with pretzels, so ta-da..these delicious sea salt caramel pretzels were born and man are they good!! They are huge… and definitely worth the 5 smart points 😉 You won’t be disappointed with these…so go get baking 🙂
Sea salt caramel pretzel brownies
- 2 cups of pretzels I used Rold Gold tiny twists, and measure them before crushing them
- 1 Tbsp reduced fat margarine melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp sugar free caramel topping
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Crush your pretzels into a crumb, I placed in a bag and crushed with a heavy glass.
- Sprinkle into the bottom of your baking dish, drizzle your melted margarine on top of pretzel crumbs.
- In a bowl beat together your egg, egg whites, sugar and apple sauce for 2 minutes.
- Stir in your vanilla, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Very gently pour your brownie batter on to your pretzel crumbs, try to spread without messing up the crumbs too much, it's ok if some show through around the edges.
- Pour your caramel sauce into a small zip lock bag, cut of tip of bag and drizzle on to brownie batter, top with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake in oven for 20-23 minutes.
- Let cool then cut into 9 large brownies (you can cut them smaller and figure out points as they will be less)
- Makes 9 brownies at 5 smart points each or 4 points plus (WW old point program)
- Nutritional info per brownie.. Calories 147..Fat 2.6g.. Saturated fat 0.7g..Carbs 28.1g...Fiber 1.9g..Sugars 8g.. Protein 3.9g