I’m keeping it as simple as I can these days, I had a dream about this recipe, no joke haha and it turned out just as good as I had imagined.. Say hello to this simple yet delicious sausage & bacon maple biscuit breakfast bake. Only a handful of ingredients needed and definitely a dish the whole family can get in on! This would also be a great brinner meal, you know, breakfast for dinner.. serves 6 at 6SP on both blue & purple and 8SP on green.
Sausage & bacon maple biscuit breakfast bake
- 1- 7.5 oz package of biscuits *I used a larger pack as I have not been to the U.S where I normally buy the 7.5oz packs you can weigh out 7.5oz (6 biscuits) I shared a picture of the ones I bought.
- 6 pork breakfast sausages cooked and diced
- 6 slices center cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk *I used 1%
- 1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup *I used great value sugar free syrup 1/2 cup= 2SP
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Cook the sausages and bacon, once cooked cut up the sausages, I cut them open first and then cut into small pieces, also crumble up the bacon.
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some non stick spray.
- Cut the biscuits into 6 pieces each, if you are using the larger biscuits like I needed to use , weigh out 7.5oz, this was 6 biscuits for me, then cut each biscuit open so you have two halves, then cut each half into 6 pieces, this will give you enough biscuits pieces to spread out.
- Lay the biscuit pieces in the bottom of the casserole dish. Sprinkle the sausages and bacon evenly over the biscuits.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup whisk together the eggs, add in the milk, syrup and salt & pepper, mix well then pour evenly over the biscuits/meat.
- Cover with foil *I spray my foil with a little non stick spray before covering, bake in the oven for 30 minutes, remove foil then continue baking for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits looked ready and eggs have set.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then cut into 6 equal servings weighing approx 6oz each.
- Store leftovers in the fridge, this breakfast bake will freeze well.
- *Note- you can swap out for turkey sausages if you wish, my pork breakfast sausages were 8SP for the 6 sausages, if you are not focusing on keeping the points low you can also use real maple syrup instead, but yes the points will be a lot higher.