It is getting colder here in my part of the world and all I can think about these days is a warm bowl of soup! If there is one way for me to eat my vegetables (being that I hate them haha) it is in a big bowl of creamy soup! This roasted carrot and pumpkin soup was bursting with flavor from the spices and I could not get enough.. good thing it’s zero points because I downed 2 bowls, this one will definitely be in rotation this winter.
- 4 cups baby carrots (or diced)
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp each cumin, corriander, ginger, allspice and cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1.5 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Mix carrots with oil and seasonings (corriander, cumin, giner, all spice and cinnamon, ¼ tsp of each plus a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper)
- Time to roast the carrots, I did mine in th eair fryer, 380F for 17 minutes, you can also use the oven, 400F for about 30 minutes. *Note- this soup will still work without roasting the carrots but you will still want to boil them to get them tender, however roasting them with the seasoning really adds to the overall flavor of this soup.
- Once carrots are roasted add them to a large pot, mix in the pumpkin, broth, 1 tsp ginger, oregano and salt/pepper. Stir well and cook on stove over medium-low heat for approx 45 minutes or untill carrots are cooked through.
- You can use a immersion blender or transfer soup to a blender and blend till soup is creamy.
- Makes 8 cups, store soup in fridge and it will freeze well.
Smart Points and Points plus are also both 0 points
Nutritional info per 1 cup serving... Calories 44...Fat 0.3g...Sat fat 0g...Carbs 11.4g...Fiber 2.9g...Sugar 5.5g...Protein 1g using My Fitness Pal *this includes all ingredients, if you use these numbers in a WW calculator you will get a point value, but the ingredients are all zero point foods