It was a really cold day when I made this and I really wanted soup to warm me up, I had to go of what I had in my house already as I knew I wasn’t going outside again, brrrr!! This creamy curry cauliflower soup is bursting with flavor, it definitely has the curry spice to it and it did the trick on warming me up! Only takes about 30 minutes to prepare and on Weight Watchers freestyle it is zero smart points! I also used this soup as a sauce for chicken & rice and it worked out awesome!
Creamy curry cauliflower soup
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 3 cups + 2 Tbsp fat free vegetable broth
- I head of cauliflower chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp curry powder
- 3/4 Tbsp chili powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper optional, omit if you don't like heat
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1.5 cups water
- In a large pot cook your diced garlic with your 2 Tbsp of broth for a few minutes over medium heat, then add in your peppers & onion. Sautee for another few minutes stirring often.
- Add your cauliflower, curry powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt/pepper and stir.
- Pour in your 3 cups of broth and water and stir well.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and simmer on low for 25 minutes.
- Let soup cool a bit then blend in your food processor
- Makes 8- 1 cup servings
- *I also used this soup as a sauce for chicken & rice, I just heated it up in a large skillet and added cooked diced chicken then served over rice, it was delicious!
Smart points- 0 per serving
Points Plus- 0 per serving
Nutritional info, Calories 24..Fat 0.1g..Sat fat 0g...Carbs 5.1g...Fiber 1.8g...Protein 1.9g using My fitness Pal
*If entering these numbers into a SP or PP calculator you will get 1 point, but we do not add points for veggies, the only thing with points in this recipe is the broth but it is not enough to make each serving have a point value