We are still fighting cold temperatures here in Ontario, Canada. Feeling in the -20’s so it was a good day to make some soup. I made this in the crock pot but on the stove in a pot would work too. The coconut curry flavor is a delicious combination and its full of shredded chicken. It sure is one hearty bowl of soup.. and can warm up any cold winter day! 🙂 Only 2 smart points per serving on WW freestyle.
Coconut chicken curry soup
- 3 cups shredded chicken I cook mine in the crock pot
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can 398ml light coconut milk
- 3/4 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1.5 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Turn crock pot to low and add all ingredients. Stir well and simmer for approx 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Makes 5 cups at 2 SP freestyle, 4 sp or 3pp each.
- Nutritional info, per 1 cup serving... Calories 132... Fat 6.5g... Saturated fat 3.9g... Carbs 2.1g... Fiber 0.4g... sugars 0.8g... Protein 16.5g