September and pumpkins go together like Peanut butter and chocolate 😉 ..Pumpkin this and pumpkin that..it’s around every isle I turn down at the grocery store, so I figured I might as well go with it… I made a delicious pumpkin spice donut that can be found on my Drizzle me sweet App.. so I stepped it up a notch and came up with these pumpkin crumble donuts and they are amazing!! Only 4 smart points or 2 points plus each 🙂
Pumpkin strudel donuts
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp eggs whites (I buy egg whites in the carton)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond milk (I use original unsweetened)
- Streusel Topping
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 Tbsp melted light margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 6 hole donut pan and set aside.
- In a bowl mix your dry ingredients for donut batter, add pumpkin puree, egg whites, vanilla and milk and stir well.
- In a small bowl mix your 2T of brown sugar and flour and spices, slowly stir in your melted margarine until you have a crumble texture.
- Pour your donut batter into your donut pan, top with crumb mixture.
- Bake in oven for 14-16 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then using a knife to scrape around edges remove from pan... Optional to drizzle with vanilla icing, I used 1 Tbsp of betty crocker icing for all 6, just piped out of a bag, it wont add points unless you eat 2 or more at a time..
- Nutritional info, per donut.. Calories 94.. Fat 1.2g.. Saturated fat 0.3g.. Carbs 18.8g... Fiber 2g.. Sugars 6.9g.. Protein 2.6g