It is Thanksgiving weekend here in Ontario, Canada and Pumpkin pies will be enjoyed by millions! Store bought pies are usually loaded with sugar and will not be very point friendly when it comes to WW. I wanted to create a lightened up pumpkin pie square, I thought the square would be better for portion control and these did not disappoint. I used greek yogurt and lowered the sugar to bring them in at just 3 smart points each on WW freestyle, they are simply delicious. They need some time to set in the fridge after baking and you can even leave them in overnight to set (I did). Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians 🙂
- 1.5 cups graham crumbs
- 2 Tbsp light butter, melted (I used Gay Lea)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1.5 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup plain non fat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a 9 inch dish with some parchment paper and lightly spray.
- In a dish mix your graham crumbs, melted butter and water together, pat down into your dish and pre-bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven but leave the oven on.
- In a bowl mix together your eggs and brown sugar, stir in your pumpkin, yogurt and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and spices/salt. Once it is well blended pour out into your dish on top of crumbs and bake for 45 minutes, make sure the middle is set and does not jiggle.
- Let cool completely then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 16 squares and serve, best stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
Smart Points- 3 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per square... Calories 93...Fat 2.8g...Sat fat 0.7g...Carbs 14.6g...Fiber 1g...Sugar 7.5g...Protein 2.4g using My Fitness Pal.. *Note- includes all ingredients, old SP/PP was determined before adding the pumpkin to the ingredients