Who says you can’t have pizza for breakfast? I wanted to create another breakfast bubble up and I had pizza on my mind… cause let’s be honest… PIZZA!! This dish is so easy and really cures that pizza craving, makes a great breakfast or anytime meal really.. You can add in all your favorite 0 point pizza toppings to bulk it up. Makes 6 servings at only 5 freestyle smart points each, reheats really well and yes you can freeze it!
Pizza breakfast bubble up
5SP blue, green & purple/5PP per serving
- 7.5 oz package of great value biscuits these are from Walmart, they come in a 4 value pack, picture below, if you can not find them use similar and weigh out
- 1 cup chopped peppers Feel free to change it up, use mushrooms, onions etc
- 40 slices 112g regular pepperoni , the brand I use is 8SP for 40 small round pieces.
- 1 3/4 cup liquid egg whites from a carton
- 2/3 cups shredded light mozzarella I used Traders Joe's reduced fat
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some cooking spray.
- Cut your 10 small biscuits into 8 small pieces each (giving you 80 small dough pieces)
- Spread your dough pieces in casserole dish.
- Cut your 40 pepperoni slices into 4 pieces each.
- In a bowl mix your egg whites, chopped peppers, cut pepperoni, 1/3 cup mozzarella and 1 tsp italian seasoning, leaving your remaining cheese & seasoning aside.
- Pour mixture over biscuit pieces, make sure your pepperoni & veggies are scattered around evenly.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, remove, add remaining 1/3 cup cheese and 1 tsp seasoning and cover with foil, spray foil with cooking spray to prevent sticking, return to oven for 25 minutes.
- Cut into 6 equal servings, each one weighing approx 5.5oz, 5 smart points per serving (5 points plus)
- Nutritional info per serving .. Calories 197....Fat 6.1g...Sat fat 1.9g...Carbs 18.6g...Fiber 0.9g...Sugars 2.2g...Protein 16.1g...Sodium 762.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hello! Has anyone tried to make a gluten free version of a bubble up? They look so tasty but wasn’t sure how to go about it. Think about trying gluten free homemade biscuit dough….
Hi Kimberly , sorry I am not to sure what to suggest for GF
Pingback: Laughing Cow Cheese Raspberry Toast • Simple Nourished Living
Looks so great! How long does this stay fresh in the refrigerator??
Few days should be ok, I’d freeze any longer than that
If I make it today will it be ok through Friday?
I probably would freeze it if you want it to last that long, I generally only keep things in the fridge a few days
Pingback: 35 Weight Watchers Breakfast Recipes -
Sorry if I missed it. But what would the freestyle points be? Also have you used whole eggs?
Freestyle would be the same, no I only used whites but you can try eggs 🙂
Hello ! I just made this . It is absolutely delicious ! My boyfriend said it was excellent :). However it comes up as 7 smart points and I don’t know why that is . Maybe it’s the pepperonis I used . I had to use 32 instead of 40 slices to make it 8 smart points . So I’m not sure what the case is . Either way this was a DELICIOUS meal !
Hi, Savannah I am glad you both enjoyed it, are you sure you used the right size biscuits? The small package I use is 17SP for the whole thing, it’s 10 small biscuits and 7.5oz, also I use trader joe’s light mozzarella which is very low on points, I think the 2/3 cup was 3 points