Who says you can't have pizza for breakfast? I wanted to create another breakfast bubble up and I had pizza on my mind... cause let's be honest... PIZZA!! This dish is so easy and really cures that pizza craving, makes a great breakfast or anytime meal really.. You can add in all your favorite 0 point pizza toppings to bulk it up. Makes 6 servings at only 5 freestyle smart points each, reheats really well and yes you can freeze it!
Pizza breakfast bubble up
- 7.5 oz package of great value biscuits these are from Walmart, they come in a 4 value pack, picture below, if you can not find them use similar and weigh out
- 1 cup chopped peppers Feel free to change it up, use mushrooms, onions etc
- 40 slices 112g regular pepperoni , the brand I use is 8SP for 40 small round pieces.
- 1 ¾ cup liquid egg whites from a carton
- ⅔ cups shredded light mozzarella I used Traders Joe's reduced fat
- 2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some cooking spray.
- Cut your 10 small biscuits into 8 small pieces each (giving you 80 small dough pieces)
- Spread your dough pieces in casserole dish.
- Cut your 40 pepperoni slices into 4 pieces each.
- In a bowl mix your egg whites, chopped peppers, cut pepperoni, ⅓ cup mozzarella and 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, leaving your remaining cheese & seasoning aside.
- Pour mixture over biscuit pieces, make sure your pepperoni & veggies are scattered around evenly.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, remove, add remaining ⅓ cup cheese and 1 teaspoon seasoning and cover with foil, spray foil with cooking spray to prevent sticking, return to oven for 25 minutes.
- Cut into 6 equal servings, each one weighing approx 5.5oz, 5 smart points per serving (5 points plus)
- Nutritional info per serving .. Calories 197....Fat 6.1g...Sat fat 1.9g...Carbs 18.6g...Fiber 0.9g...Sugars 2.2g...Protein 16.1g...Sodium 762.2mg