I have always called myself a Peanut butter snob haha, I grew up in Canada and it was Kraft PB at our house or nothing! I always turned my nose up at the thoughts of the powdered peanut butter known as PB2 but I finally decided I would give it a try in some baking recipes as I know it can keep the points down. This peanut butter chocolate chip pumpkin loaf was so good, the PB snob in me was saying the real deal would have been better lol but as a low point alternative this loaf came out delicious! Serves 10 at 4 smart points per serving on WW freestyle.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup pumpkin (canned)
- ½ cup PB2 powder with ¼ water
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 4 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular 9x5 loaf pan with some nonstick spray.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer beat your eggs and sugar together. Add in applesauce and pumpkin and mix for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl mix your PB2 with your water till smooth and creamy and add to mixture, beat for a few minutes so the peanut butter is all mixed in.
- Stir in your flour, spices and baking powder, then fold in 3 Tbsp of chocolate chips, leaving 1 Tbsp aside for topping.
- Pour batter into loaf pan then sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until loaf is cooked through.
- Let cool before cutting into 10 slices, best stored in the fridge, the loaf will freeze well.
Smart Points- 5 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info- Calories.. 137...Fat 3.4g...Sat fat 1.3g...Carbs 22.3g... Fiber 1.8g..Sugar 10.8g..Protein 4.7g using My Fitness Pal *Note- this includes all ingredients, the old SP/PP values were determined before entering the "zero" point foods like pumpkin