I love making breakfast casseroles on the weekend for a nice brunch. My tater tot breakfast casserole is a simple dish the whole family can enjoy, I mean who doesn’t love tater tots! It takes little time to prepare and has basic ingredients to keep things easy. Great for meal prep and freezes well. Makes 6 servings at 7 points on WW.
- Ground turkey
- Onion salt
- Garlic salt
- Fennel seeds
- Salt & pepper
- Shredded cheese
- Tater tots
- Bacon crumble
- Green onion
Tips and suggestions…
Feel free to add in some diced veggies, peppers, onion, mushrooms.
Any milk can be substituted for dairy concerns.
I used cheddar cheese, any kind of shredded cheese will work well in this dish.
I used the package of real bacon crumble, if you are in the U.S you can use the center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled.
Use the tater tots as a guide for the serving sizes, each serving will have 8 tater tots in it.
Leftovers will be good in the fridge for a few days, this dish will freeze well in an air-tight container. To reheat I suggest using the air fryer or oven.
Tater tot breakfast casserole
- 1 lb ground turkey *weighed raw
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1.5 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups milk *I used 1%
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese
- 48 frozen tater tots
- 1/4 cup real bacon crumble
- green onions, diced *optional
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat cook the ground turkey, add in all the seasonings while it is cooking, thyme, sage, garlic & onion salt, fennel seeds, dried oregano, salt & pepper. Drain if necessary and add to a sprayed 9x13 casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, stir in the milk, paprika, salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese on top of the ground turkey. Then pour the egg mixture over top.
- Layer the tater tots on top, line them up in 6 rows of 8 tots.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, remove from the oven, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, then the bacon crumble and green onion. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Cut into 6 equal servings.