I am typically not a fan of maple anything, I don’t use syrup on my pancakes and I just don’t really care for the taste of maple (shocking right being that I’m Canadian haha) Maple syrup, however is a great alternative for sweetening things up without using added sugars. These maple pecan banana muffins were a nice surprise for my taste buds.. not a strong maple flavor, just enough to add that pop of sweetness and what I love about these is there are no added sugars, just the maple syrup to sweeten them. Makes 12 muffins at 3 smart points each on WW freestyle.
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium mashed bananas
- ½ cup milk *I used 1%
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp all spice
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 12 hole regular size muffin tin with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs and add in milk, mashed banana, applesauce 2.5 Tbsp of maple syrup (leave other 1.5 aside for topping) Stir well.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice.
- Pour batter into muffin tin, sprinkle your chopped pecans evenly over the 12 muffins then drizzle the remaining syrup over them using a small spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until muffins are baked through.
- Let cool then using a knife scrape around edges to remove muffins.
- Store in fridge after day 1 and muffins will freeze well.
- *Note- you can leave the pecans off but they will still be 3SP, perhaps top them with a few mini chocolate chips if you can't have nuts.
Smart Points- 3 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info..Calories 118...Fat 2.4g..Sat Fat 0.3g...Carbs 20.7g...Fiber 1.1g...Sugar 7.6g..Protein 3.2g using My Fitness Pal *note nutritional info includes all ingredients, old SP & PP were determined before entering the values for the fruit