I love lemon, it’s such a strong flavor and the pop of zest it leaves after biting into anything lemon flavored is heaven to me 🙂 These lemon crumble muffins are delicious and definitely hit the spot for a lemon craving I was having. They are not too sweet yet just sweet enough. The muffins won’t rise too high simply based on ingredients used but they make a great 2 point treat on WW freestyle. Bake some up today, you’ll thank me for that amazing smell taking over your kitchen!
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
- FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2.5 Tbsp flour
- ¾ Tbsp melted light butter (I use Gay Lea)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular 12 hole muffin tin with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs and 1 Tbsp of sugar together, add in applesauce, yogurt, milk and lemon juice, stir well.
- Mix in 1 cup of flour, baking powder and soda then stir in your lemon zest, fresh is best, right from the lemon peel.
- Pour batter into your 12 muffin cups. In a small bowl melt your butter in the microwave, in a separate small bowl mix your 2 Tbsp of sugar and 2.5 Tbsp of flour together then pour in melted butter and mash with a fork till crumb forms. Sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake in the oven for approx 18 minutes. Makes 12 muffins, they will freeze well, best stored in fridge.
Smart Points- (green) 2 using SP calculator *same on purple
Points Plus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info... Calories 74...Fat 1.5g...Sat fat 0.5g...Carbs 11.6g...Fiber 0.4g...Sugar 3.2g...Protein 2.9g using My Fitness Pal