I knew I was long overdue for a new donut recipe! Donuts are one of my favorite things to whip up and one of the first things I started baking in my kitchen, I love coming up with new flavor combinations. These coconut lemon donuts are so sweet and delicious, definitely hit the spot when craving a sweet baked treat. Makes 6 donuts at 4 smart points each.
Lemon coconut donuts
- 2 Tbsp egg whites (I use from the carton)
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp lemon zest
- 5 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar (confectionery sugar)
- Extra lemon juice (for icing)
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 6 hole regular sized donut pan with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl mix your egg whites, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in your flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and 2 Tbsp of your coconut (leave rest aside for topping)
- Mix well and divide batter into your donut pan.
- Bake in oven for 14-16 minutes untill donuts seem golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool, meanwhile mix your icing sugar with a little fresh squeezed lemon juice, you should only need about 1/2 Tbsp of juice , spread out on a flat surface (I used a small square plate) sprinkle your remaining coconut on another flat surface or plate.
- Remove donuts from pan, lightly press in the icing mixture then the coconut, you should have enough to cover all 6 donuts, you don't need much and if you need a little more icing/lemon mix then add a little more to your plate, you don't want to soak your donuts in it though.
- Makes 6 donuts at 4 smart points each (3 points plus, old WW program)
- Nutritional info per donut.. Calories.. 111...Fat 2.4g...Sat fat 1.7g...Carbs 18.9g...Fiber 1.2g...Sugars 6.9g...Protein 2.6g
- Donuts best stored in fridge after day 1, they should freeze ok