It’s been awhile since I made a new donut recipe, they are one of my favorite things to bake. I think because our minds associate donuts with indulgences and I love making them guilt free! These sour cream donuts are light and fluffy and so delicious, they are just very lightly glazed to finish them off with just enough sweetness. I will confess I am not a fan of sour cream on its own, you won’t find me dipping things in it or using it as a topping, but mixed in to recipes I don’t mind it and you truly can’t taste the sour cream in these donut’s (in case your worried about it like picky me would be ha!) They are just 4 freestyle smart points each, if you want to leave the glaze of they are only 3 points each.
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup light sour cream
- 2.5 Tbsp non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar (confectionary sugar)
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular 6 hole donut pan.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg and sugar, add in your sour cream, yogurt, vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder and salt.
- Divide into your 6 donut holes, do not fill right to the rim or you might not have enough batter for 6 and they rise up.
- Bake in the oven for approx 18 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, for glaze mix your icing sugar and milk together on a flat plate, then dip donuts in glaze, it will be enough to just lightly glaze them and add a little sweetness, icing is optional though.
Smart points- (green) 4 using SP calculator
Points plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info.. Calories 108...Fat 2g..Sat fat 1g...Carbs 18.9g...Fiber 0.4g..Sugar 9.3g...Protein 3.7g using My Fitness Pal