I’m starting this post by letting you know when it comes to picky eaters, I am at the top of the list! There are very few vegetables I will eat and if you tell me something has chickpea in it I will most likely scrunch my nose up haha no joke! But want to know how to get me to eat all those foods I pull my face at…. cook them in a soup, blend it and serve it up.. I will eat soup all day long, true story.. I hate broccoli, but cream of broccoli soup is my favorite (I just don’t eat the big pieces lol) I wanted to make a soup and take advantage of those zero point foods on freestyle. This golden chickpea and cauliflower soup was creamy and delicious, yes I said it…delicious! I’ll be honest, I was skeptical right up until I put that spoon to my mouth and that is the picky eater in me but I loved it and not much of this batch even made it to the freezer because I had it for meals 3 days straight! Best part is it’s zero smart points on WW freestyle.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 cups dried chickpeas
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1.5 tsp coriander
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Heat crock pot and add in the chickpeas, cauliflower florets and garlic.
- Pour in the broth, then add in spices.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high 4 hours * When I made it I was running in and out the door, I cooked mine on high for 3.5 hours and then low for an hour and it was perfect and easy to blend. You want both the cauliflower and chickpeas to be soft.
- Blend in a blender or use an immersion blender.
- Makes 12- 1 cup servings
- Store soup in the fridge, it will freeze well.
Smart points- 6 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per cup..Calories 203...Fat 3.2g..Sat fat 0.4g...Carbs 36g...Fiber 9.9g...Sugar 8.2g...Protein 10.8g using My Fitness Pal *Note old SP/PP were determined before adding cauliflower to the equation.. these numbers include all ingredients