Winter and soup just go hand in hand don’t they.. Nothing screams “warm me up” like a good hearty bowl of soup.. and I love how it is all prepared in one pot or in this case the crock pot, makes for super easy clean up. I wanted a filling soup to act as a good meal when I just don’t feel like cooking much and this creamy tomato tortellini soup is just that! It’s the perfect soup for a cold cozy kind of day 🙂 Makes 10 servings at 5 smart points each.
Creamy tomato tortellini soup
- 2 cans condensed light tomato soup picture below
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups milk I used 1%
- 3/4 cup light cream like a half & half (I used 5%)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 3.5 cups cheese tortelinni picture below
- 2 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- Turn crock pot to high (you can use a large pot on stove as well if you wish, I would turn to med-high)
- Add in your tomato soup and paste and stir.
- Mix in your diced garlic and onion. Stir in vegetable broth, milk and cream and then your seasonings and dash of salt & pepper.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes then stir in your uncooked tortellini, cook on high for 1 hour. Turn to low and stir in your parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm when ready. I also made some easy low point croutons for topping, preheat oven to 375F, cut up low point bread (I used Sara Lee multigrain) mix bread with some salt, pepper and garlic salt. Place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper and spray with some butter flavored cooking spray, toss around then toast in oven for approx 10 minutes. If just adding a few to soup it won't affect points put if you add equivalent to a piece of bread then add 1 point
- Soup makes 10-1 cup servings at 5 smart points each on all 3 MyWW programs or 4 points plus..
- Nutritional info per serving .. Calories 158... Fat 2.4g...Sat fat 1.3g.. Carbs 28.5g..Fiber 1.5g...Sugars 8.7g... Protein 7.5g
- *Note, feel free to add in more vegetables