It is finally summer weather here in Ontario and we so desperately needed it, we went from winter coats and mitts to shorts and tank tops in a 10-day span, no joke! I know it is a different kind of summer this year, things will feel and look a little different for everyone but we can still all get out there and enjoy the sunshine! The warm weather always has me thinking about easy and refreshing dishes to serve up and this deviled egg pasta salad was a huge hit in my house. Simple to make and so tasty! Makes 10 - ½ cup servings at 3SP on blue, 4SP on green and 1SP on purple, personal point range is 1-4PP depending on your 0PP foods.
Deviled egg pasta salad
- 1.5 cups pasta I used small macaroni pasta, measured dry (approx 225g and for reference my pasta was 22SP)
- ⅓ cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup fat free sour cream
- ⅓ cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 6 eggs hard boiled
- Green onion diced *optional
- Boil the eggs first, I just do mine the traditional way in a pan of boiling water, be sure to let them cool so they peel easy.
- Cook the pasta according to the box, while the pasta is cooking, peel the hardboiled eggs and cut them in half then remove the yolk and place in a separate bowl.
- Cut all the egg whites up into small pieces. Mash the yolks and add to the egg whites.
- Gently stir in the mayo, sour cream, yogurt, mustard, salt & peper, paprika and diced green onion.
- When the pasta is cooked rinse well under cold water, gently stir the pasta into the egg mixture.
- You can serve immediately or chill in the fridge for a bit.
- Recipe makes 10- ½ cup servings