Everyone who knows me, knows I love waffles & pancakes! Generally I will use the Kodiak mix and it’s great because it’s quick, but today I wanted a waffle from scratch, so that’s what I had 🙂 These blueberry lemon waffles are really simple to make and taste delicious, I love the blueberry lemon combo.. I only made waffles but I bet these would make pancakes just as well, not sure how many though.. I was so full after eating this and it was just 6 smart points..FYI I froze the other two waffles for another day.
Blueberry lemon waffles
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Heat up your waffle maker.
- In a bowl, or I like to use my 4 cup measuring cup (for easy pour of the waffle later) whish your egg for approx 3-4 minutes till frothy.
- Stir in your apple sauce, milk, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Mix well then add your flour, baking powder and lemon zest. Gently fold in your blueberries.
- Spray your waffle maker with cooking spray (I always coat mine very well to prevent sticking)
- Pour 1/3 of your batter into your waffle maker and cook about 7-9 minutes or untill your light indicator goes on.
- Serve warm, I am not a syrup fan and use a little light whip cream, the blueberries help with making it not too dry.
- Nutritional info per waffle (included apple sauce and blueberries, points were determined before adding these ingredients) Calories 224...Fat 2.8g...Sat fat 0.7g....Carbs 41.6g...Fiber 2.8g...Sugars 10.6g...Protein 7.1g