Everyone who knows me, knows I love waffles & pancakes! Generally I will use the Kodiak mix and it’s great because it’s quick, but today I wanted a waffle from scratch, so that’s what I had 🙂 These blueberry lemon waffles are really simple to make and taste delicious, I love the blueberry lemon combo.. I only made waffles but I bet these would make pancakes just as well, not sure how many though.. I was so full after eating this and it was just 6 smart points..FYI I froze the other two waffles for another day.
Blueberry lemon waffles
6PP, 6SP blue, green & purple
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Heat up your waffle maker.
- In a bowl, or I like to use my 4 cup measuring cup (for easy pour of the waffle later) whish your egg for approx 3-4 minutes till frothy.
- Stir in your apple sauce, milk, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Mix well then add your flour, baking powder and lemon zest. Gently fold in your blueberries.
- Spray your waffle maker with cooking spray (I always coat mine very well to prevent sticking)
- Pour 1/3 of your batter into your waffle maker and cook about 7-9 minutes or untill your light indicator goes on.
- Serve warm, I am not a syrup fan and use a little light whip cream, the blueberries help with making it not too dry.
- Nutritional info per waffle (included apple sauce and blueberries, points were determined before adding these ingredients) Calories 224...Fat 2.8g...Sat fat 0.7g....Carbs 41.6g...Fiber 2.8g...Sugars 10.6g...Protein 7.1g
Personal Points- 6 using the WW recipe builder Smart points- blue/green/purple- 6 using WW recipe builder Points plus- 5 using PP calculator Nutritional info per waffle... Calories 224...Fat 2.8g...Sat fat 0.7g....Carbs 41.6g...Fiber 2.8g...Sugars 10.6g...Protein 7.1g using My Fitness Pal *note- these numbers include all the ingredients, even 0SP foods
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Blueberry Lemon Waffles, I have worked it out to be 22sp not 6sp 1 cup of flour is 15sp in my WW app?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Waffles =14 sp
Your thoughts please?
Hi Lindy, you realize this recipe makes 3 waffles right?? Maybe double check before commenting on all my recipes that I have done something wrong, I can assure you I check everything.. and in my WW App 1 cup of flour is 13SP
Is it possible to use this batter for Pancakes? I don’t have a waffle Maker? Thanks
Yes I think it will work as pancakes 🙂
Just made these waffles and they are scrumptious! Very light, naturally sweet from the fresh blueberries I used, and crisp around the edges. Great recipe!
Awesome, so glad you enjoyed them 🙂
These look amazing! Do you use all purpose flour or self rising flour? Thanks.
I use all purpose 🙂
Made these for breakfast this morning for my daughter-we loved them! Thanks so much for creating a new favorite for us blueberry lovers.
So glad you both enjoyed them 🙂
These look wonderful! I thought I had seen some pancake recipes on your sight that are made using Kodiak Cakes mix, but I don’t see them?
I have some muffin recipes using kodiak cakes but no pancake recipes, I usually just use the mix and water for my pancakes and then add fruit 🙂
What are your thoughts on using almond flour? I’m new to WW but have heard almond flour is healthier but not sure if it would be a good substitute.
Hi Nat, AF is tricky to bake with and I really don’t have a lot of experience, it is also higher in points, 18 for 1 cup compared to 13 for 1 cup of all purpose ,, you can search some low carb blogs as they would use almond flour and might have some tips/tricks to baking with it 🙂
Glad you enjoyed it 🙂
Excellent recipe! Made these this morning for the grands and grandparents. Thumbs up all around. Will keep these excellent waffles in my menu rotation. Thank you