I have been itching to make a breakfast recipe, I don’t make many breakfast recipes because I like to make myself a typic big breakfast of pancakes, bacon, egg whites & hash browns, not altogether… well unless I’m really hungry 😉 I had lots of fresh berries in the fridge and this recipe just popped into my head one day so I went with it..well, am I glad I did because this berry crumble french toast bake was AMAZING!! A sweet and filling breakfast sure to please everyone, serves 6 at 6 smart points each on weight watchers freestyle.
Berry crumble french toast bake
- 12 pieces low-calorie bread (I used weight watchers whole wheat bread 12 pieces=18SP)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh berries (I used raspberries, strawberries and blueberries)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2.5 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 Tbsp melted light butter (I use Gay Lea)
- Cut your 12 pieces of bread into small 1 inch pieces, spray a 9 inch dish and place half of your bread on the bottom.
- In a bowl (or a large measuring cup like I used) whisk together your eggs and milk, add in honey, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Place half of your fresh berries on top of your bread then top with remaining cut bread.
- Pour your egg mixture over top being sure to cover all areas, push down on bread a bit so it all gets soaked in. Top with remaining berries, cover with foil and refrigerate for at least one hour *note you can leave overnight if you wish.
- In a small bowl mix your sugar and flour together, then stir in your melted butter until a crumble forms, sprinkle on top.
- Preheat oven to 350F, bake covered with foil for 30 minutes, remove foil and continue baking for 25 minutes. Serve warm, drizzle with maple syrup *optional and not included in point values or nutritional info . Store in the fridge, will freeze well.
Smart Points- (green) 8 using WW recipe builder
Point Plus- 6 using PP calculator
Nutritional info- Calories 260...Fat 7.3g...Sat fat 2.5g...Carbs 34.5g...Fiber 3.9g..Sugar 13.2g..Protein 12.3g using My Fitness Pal *please note these numbers include all ingredients, even zero point foods so if using these numbers in your calculator you may get a different point value