I had some fresh cranberries left in my fridge and I did not want them to go to waste! I am always up for baking a loaf, I love a fresh slice out of the oven with a cup of tea in the afternoon.. I was excited about this cranberry lemon loaf and it did not disappoint, sweet and tasty and just 3 smart points per serving. Bake one up today.. I promise you’ll be happy you did 🙂
Cranberry lemon loaf
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites 1/4 cup from the carton
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 cup skry plain yogurt 0% greek is fine too
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 1.5 tsp lemon zest
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 heaping cup fresh cranberries frozen will work, just might be a little more water to them
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 3 Tbsp icing sugar confectionery sugar, AKA powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a regular size loaf pan with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg, egg whites and white sugar.
- Add in your yogurt, apple sauce, vanilla and 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and lemon zest.
- Gently fold in your cranberries.
- Fill loaf pan and bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Make glaze by mixing your 2 tsp lemon juice with 3 Tbsp icing sugar, once loaf has cooled a bit pour glaze over top, it does not give you a lot but enough to add a light coat to top of loaf.
- Cut into 10 pieces. 3 freestyle smart points per serving (3 points plus, old WW program)
- Nutritional info per serving (incl cranberries & apple sauce, WW points were determined without adding these in) Calories 117...Fat 0.8g...Sat fat 0.2g...Carbs 22g...Fiber 1.2g...Sugars 7.3g...Protein 4.8g