I had some fresh cranberries left in my fridge and I did not want them to go to waste! I am always up for baking a loaf, I love a fresh slice out of the oven with a cup of tea in the afternoon.. I was excited about this cranberry lemon loaf and it did not disappoint, sweet and tasty and just 3 smart points per serving. Bake one up today.. I promise you’ll be happy you did 🙂
Cranberry lemon loaf
3 SP on blue, green & purple/3PP
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites 1/4 cup from the carton
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 cup skry plain yogurt 0% greek is fine too
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 1.5 tsp lemon zest
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 heaping cup fresh cranberries frozen will work, just might be a little more water to them
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 3 Tbsp icing sugar confectionery sugar, AKA powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a regular size loaf pan with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg, egg whites and white sugar.
- Add in your yogurt, apple sauce, vanilla and 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and lemon zest.
- Gently fold in your cranberries.
- Fill loaf pan and bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Make glaze by mixing your 2 tsp lemon juice with 3 Tbsp icing sugar, once loaf has cooled a bit pour glaze over top, it does not give you a lot but enough to add a light coat to top of loaf.
- Cut into 10 pieces. 3 freestyle smart points per serving (3 points plus, old WW program)
- Nutritional info per serving (incl cranberries & apple sauce, WW points were determined without adding these in) Calories 117...Fat 0.8g...Sat fat 0.2g...Carbs 22g...Fiber 1.2g...Sugars 7.3g...Protein 4.8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Great blog, thank you…as a weightwatchers lifetime, I really appreciate the smart points reference
Thanks Merry, hope you enjoy the recipes 🙂
OMG, this came out INCREDIBLE!!!! smells delicious just enough sweetness and so happy is all fresh ingredients (no Splenda – I’m very sensitive to the taste). Amazing, thank you! I’ll definitely try other loaves you have!
I am so glad you enjoyed it Daniela 🙂
I can’t wait to try this! I subbed Stevia for the sugar (personal preference) and blueberries for cranberries (that’s all I had). I can’t wait to try it.
I hope you enjoyed it 🙂
Hi there, looks good but I was going over the recipe and it calls for lemon zest but there is no mention of it in the directions, I;m assuming I add it in when I add in the lemon juice (in the loaf part) or is it to be added to the glaze?
Sorry my mistake just corrected it, it is when your adding your dry ingredients
So so good:) I used blueberries and cut in 10 slices for 5pts a slice. So worth it! Thanks for sharing.
Glad you enjoyed it.. I already had it at 10 slices but for 3 points, did you mean less slices than 10?
I made this loaf yesterday. Such a delicious & low point treat using ingredients we have at home. Another bonus, the house smells so good from baking it. Yummmmmmy!
So glad you enjoyed it, and yes love the smell that is leaves lingering 🙂
Going to try this in amuffin pan. Any suggestions for temperature and time.
Hi, I’d start with about 22-25 min and go from there
Sorry and 350F
Will give it a try. Thanks so much. Loving your recipes, can’t wait to try more!
I made this on the weekend. I didn’t add the drizzle, but it is in fact 3 points (2018 weight watchers points). I didn’t cook it the full 20 minutes, only about 18, but it could have used even a little less. I think all the fresh ingredients makes it less. Thanks!
Glad you enjoyed it Lauren, mine actually baked for 40 minutes, did you make muffins maybe?
Hi how many points if I do not put the glaze ?
Hi I think it still might be 3 as there is not much to the glaze, but I only know the points for how I made it, maybe you can enter into your WW recipe builder?
Has anyone made this without the fruit? I’m looking for a lemon poppyseed situation LOL
HI Tammy, sorry only made with the fruit, not sure how it would do without the cranberries
Is there anything I could use instead of apple sauce? I dont have any on hand 🙁
Apple sauce can usually be replaced with mashed banana, sometimes greek yogurt, pumpkin puree..
since there are no cranberries around in Aug/Sep I assume I can use dried cranberries
Yes but it will increase the points, you can use frozen cranberries or switch up the fruit
Can you freeze this?
Yes, all my muffins and loaves freeze well 🙂
Do you need to use egg whites? Or can you just use a whole egg in place of it?
You can use an egg if you want, I must of made this pre- freestyle when eggs still had points 😉
UM, yum. Had no idea how it would turn out, and I was pleasantly surprised. For only 3 points per slice?!?!?!? Like I’m dead. My family loved it, going to make another for my coworkers. They won’t even know it’s borderline healthy!!!! Obsessed with your recipes.
Yay, so happy to hear that Liz 🙂 Glad the family enjoyed and hope the coworkers do as well!
How long would you say this is still good? Can it last up to 7 days? Thank you! Looks amazing and I can’t wait to try it!
Hi Casey, I wouldn’t leave it out for 7 days, because they are no preservatives it is typically only good for maybe 3 days then I’d freeze .. I hope you enjoy it 🙂