With the Weight Watchers freestyle program I think it’s great that you can start of the day with a hearty filling breakfast and barely touch your daily point allowance. That was my goal when this southwest chicken frittata idea popped into my head.. yes that is my day in a nutshell, random recipe creations are always popping into my head haha 😉 This dish is full of flavor and so satisfying, best part is it is just 1 freestyle smart point per serving, and if you tweak it just a little bit you can make it zero points (*see note in directions) a great brunch to serve up or add it to your meal prep plans for breakfast for the week.
Southwest chicken frittata
1-4PP, 1 freestyle SP (blue & purple)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup diced peppers (I used a mix)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup frozen corn (see pic for the one I used, green chilies is optional)
- 1 clove garlic (diced)
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 6 oz shredded cooked chicken (about 1.5 cups)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (I used Rotel shown in picture)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (I used 1%)
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Fresh cilantro for topping *optional
- Heat your olive oil in a large oven safe skillet.
- Add in your diced peppers, onions, garlic, frozen corn and lime juice. Mix in chili powder and paprika and saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to low broil
- Stir in your cooked chicken and diced tomatoes. Continue cooking 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl (or pyrex measuring cup) whisk your eggs and milk together, add in salt & pepper)
- Pour egg mixture over your veggie & chicken mixture and cook on stove top till eggs bubble, about 5 minutes.
- Place skillet (oven safe) in the oven for approx 12 minutes till eggs are cooked through.
- Cut into 6 equal servings, store in fridge and it will freeze well.
- *Note- you can make this a zero point freestyle recipe if you leave out the olive oil (use cooking spray) and use almond milk
Personal Points- 1-4 depending on your 0PP foods Freestyle SP- (blue & purple) 1 using WW recipe builder Smart Points- (green) 4 using SP calculator Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator Nutritional info- Calories 192....Fat 9.7g...Sat fat 2.5g...Carbs 11.3g...Fiber 1.5g...Sugar 4.7g..Protein 16.1g using My Fitness Pal *Note- old SP & PP were based on the recipe before adding in the veggies, if you use these numbers in your calculators you may get a different point value
This looks SOOOO good! Can’t wait to try this recipe! Thank you!!
We plan to prepare this next weekend ..How can the directions be modified to use either an 8″ x 8″ or 9″ x 13″ pan rather than a skillet ?? Also if we make it in a larger baking dish would you suggest doubling the ingredients ?? thanks !!
Hi Doris, Sorry I only know how I made it as far as portions etc go, all I can suggest is to try it and see, I think you will have way too much if you double it for the 9×13, my 10 inch skillet was right to the top
I was thinking the same thing Doris — I’d prefer just mixing all the ingredients and pour into a pie plate and just bake in the oven.
I always want to print your recipes to remember to make them! When I hit the “print” button in the recipe (next to the “Save♥️”, a preview of the print appears for a second then I am returned with no option to print. How can I print your recipes?
Hi are you trying to print from a tablet? Cause I know you can’t, but from desktop it should work fine
Do you can make this and then freeze in portions? Wasn’t sure how it would taste. Looks amazing, can’t wait to try it either way. Thank you!
Hi Jackie, I think it will freeze well, I hope you enjoy it 🙂
What temperature do you bake this on in the oven?
Hi, in step 3 you will see pre heat oven to low broil , it does most of it’s cooking on the stove, the broil just finishes it off 🙂
Can we get all your receipes imported into SlenderKitchen? That would be AMAZING 😀
That is not in my control, I know she imports some here and there 🙂
I get a fat free milk at Kroger called Carbmaster…higher protein so doesn’t taste like FF and is only 1 SP per 8 oz! Then this would probably only be 1 pt!! Although 2 Pts is super already! Thanks for the great recipes!
Hi Suzi, I have this at 1SP per serving as is.. thanks for sharing your milk suggestion 🙂 Hope you continue to enjoy the recipes
I don’t have low broil on my oven, what temperature would you suggest I use?
Thanks in advance.
Hi Joyce, the low broil helps give it a nice crisp edge finish on top but I think it will still be fine if you put oven to about 350F, just watch it and remove from oven when it looks cooked through
I know it’s been awhile since you posted this recipe but I made it tonight and it was perfection on a plate! I didn’t broil, but put it in the oven at 450 for about 15 minutes. Because we like spice, I put red pepper flakes, cumin and oregano in when cooking the veggies, otherwise I followed your recipe. Oh, and I added a cup of cooked black beans just because I had some I needed to use up. So much flavor! This is a keeper for sure.