With the Weight Watchers freestyle program I think it’s great that you can start of the day with a hearty filling breakfast and barely touch your daily point allowance. That was my goal when this southwest chicken frittata idea popped into my head.. yes that is my day in a nutshell, random recipe creations are always popping into my head haha 😉 This dish is full of flavor and so satisfying, best part is it is just 1 freestyle smart point per serving, and if you tweak it just a little bit you can make it zero points (*see note in directions) a great brunch to serve up or add it to your meal prep plans for breakfast for the week.
Southwest chicken frittata
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup diced peppers I used a mix
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup frozen corn see pic for the one I used, green chilies is optional
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 6 oz shredded cooked chicken about 1.5 cups
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes I used Rotel shown in picture
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk I used 1%
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Fresh cilantro for topping *optional
- Heat your olive oil in a large oven safe skillet.
- Add in your diced peppers, onions, garlic, frozen corn and lime juice. Mix in chili powder and paprika and saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to low broil
- Stir in your cooked chicken and diced tomatoes. Continue cooking 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl (or pyrex measuring cup) whisk your eggs and milk together, add in salt & pepper)
- Pour egg mixture over your veggie & chicken mixture and cook on stove top till eggs bubble, about 5 minutes.
- Place skillet (oven safe) in the oven for approx 12 minutes till eggs are cooked through.
- Cut into 6 equal servings, store in fridge and it will freeze well.
- *Note- you can make this a zero point freestyle recipe if you leave out the olive oil (use cooking spray) and use almond milk