With the Weight Watchers freestyle program I think it’s great that you can start of the day with a hearty filling breakfast and barely touch your daily point allowance. That was my goal when this southwest chicken frittata idea popped into my head.. yes that is my day in a nutshell, random recipe creations are always popping into my head haha 😉 This dish is full of flavor and so satisfying, best part is it is just 1 freestyle smart point per serving, and if you tweak it just a little bit you can make it zero points (*see note in directions) a great brunch to serve up or add it to your meal prep plans for breakfast for the week.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1¼ cup diced peppers (I used a mix)
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup frozen corn (see pic for the one I used, green chilies is optional)
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 6oz shredded cooked chicken (about 1.5 cups)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes (I used Rotel shown in picture)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk (I used 1%)
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Fresh cilantro for topping *optional
- Heat your olive oil in a large oven safe skillet.
- Add in your diced peppers, onions, garlic, frozen corn and lime juice. Mix in chili powder and paprika and saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to low broil
- Stir in your cooked chicken and diced tomatoes. Continue cooking 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl (or pyrex measuring cup) whisk your eggs and milk together, add in salt & pepper)
- Pour egg mixture over your veggie & chicken mixture and cook on stove top till eggs bubble, about 5 minutes.
- Place skillet (oven safe) in the oven for approx 12 minutes till eggs are cooked through.
- Cut into 6 equal servings, store in fridge and it will freeze well.
- *Note- you can make this a zero point freestyle recipe if you leave out the olive oil (use cooking spray) and use almond milk
Smart Points- (green) 4 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info- Calories 192....Fat 9.7g...Sat fat 2.5g...Carbs 11.3g...Fiber 1.5g...Sugar 4.7g..Protein 16.1g using My Fitness Pal *Note- old SP & PP were based on the recipe before adding in the veggies, if you use these numbers in your calculators you may get a different point value