I had ripe banana’s, and in my house they are never wasted.. There is always another loaf to create, and this cinnamon sugar topped blueberry banana loaf is so good.. I came up with it in all of 2 minutes as I had little time to whip something up and get it in the oven, sometimes that’s when I create the best recipes.. and guess what.. this tasty loaf is only 2 smart points per slice..now that’s a win win 🙂
Cinnamon sugar topped blueberry banana loaf
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 2 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup frozen wild blueberries no added sugars
- For the topping I used 3/4 Tbsp white sugar mixed with 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg, egg whites and brown sugar.
- Stir in your apple sauce, vanilla and mashed banana.
- Mix in flour, baking powder & soda and cinnamon.
- Very gently fold in your frozen blueberries (I am sure you can sub for fresh)
- Pour batter out into loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix your white sugar and cinnamon then with a spoon sprinkle over your loaf batter making sure to cover it all.
- Bake in oven for approx 35-40 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing from pan, cut into 10 equal slices. 2 smart points per slice on all 3 MyWW programs , 2 points plus..
- Nutritional info per slice (not incl banana & blueberries) Calories 72... Fat 0.7g..Sat fat 0.2g...Carbs 14.3g...Fiber 0.9g...Sugar 2.7g...Protein 2.5g
- Store in fridge in sealed container, after a few days best to freeze.
- *Please note I do not incl fruit in nutritional info because for WW fruit has no points so in order to not confuse people with the numbers I leave it out, if your counting calories just add in the fruit to the equation..