I have nicknamed these new cookies, peanut butter oatmeal “muffin top” cookies because they reminded me of the top part of a freshly baked muffin, and we all know that’s the best part! Just a few simple ingredients needed to bake this tasty treat up, the recipe makes 24 large soft cookies, 2SP each on all 3 MyWW programs, on the purple plan you can have 2 cookies for just 3SP.
Peanut butter oatmeal cookies
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter *I use Kraft light PB (1/2 cup is 20SP)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup oats (I used Robin hood large flake quick oats)
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the apple sauce and brown sugar, stir in the peanut butter till well blended. Then add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and oats.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet, lightly flatten batter with back of spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then let cool for a few minutes.
- Makes 24 cookies, they are best stored in the fridge after day one and the cookies can be frozen.
- *Note- you can substitute the peanut butter for powdered PB (in wet form) to lower points, I personally did not try it as I've always preferred real PB but it should work out fine.
Smart Points- purple- 2 for 1 cookie, or 2 cookies for 3SP using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per cookie..Calories 68...Fat 2.8g...Sat fat 0.5g...Carbs 9.4g...Fiber 0.8g...Sugar 2.5g...Protein 2.6g using My Fitness Pal *includes all ingredients