I was overdue for a new donut creation and seeing that my carrot cake bars were a big hit I thought why not a delicious carrot cake donut 🙂 Let me tell you, these donuts went so fast, we all loved them!! Only 3 smart points each, that’s a good baking day in my books!
Carrot cake donuts with cream cheese icing
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp white cake mix you can use extra flour instead, but the cake mix really finishes them off to have a fluffy yummy texture/taste, I always keep a box of white cake mix in the cupboard
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup grated carrots ran through the food processor
- 1 Tbsp light softened cream cheese
- 1.5 Tbsp icing sugar confectionery sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized 6 hole donut pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix your flour, cake mix, baking powder and sugar together.
- Stir in your milk, egg whites and vanilla.
- Fold in your grated carrots and mix well.
- Fill your donut pan and bake in oven for approx 14 minutes, let cool 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix your cream cheese, icing sugar and butter until nice and creamy, spread evenly onto donuts.
- Makes 6 donuts at 3 smart points each on blue, green & purple (2 points plus)
- Nutritional info (not incl carrots) Calories 87...Fat 1.5g.. Sat fat 0.3g... Carbs 16.4g... Fiber 0.4g..Sugars 7.5g.. Protein 2.1g