I’m not a coffee drinker period. I drink steeped tea and tons of it so I can appreciate the coffee addition haha… It’s funny though because even though I hate the taste of coffee I LOVE the smell of freshly brewed coffee or especially fresh ground coffee beans, that’s weird right 😉 Either way I know there is a lot of coffee lovers out there and I wanted to create a coffee flavored baked good for you guys.. These chocolate mocha donuts seemed like just the thing and to my surprise I absolutely loved them! The coffee flavored icing makes them a delicious sweet treat and they are just 5 smart points each on WW freestyle.
Chocolate mocha donuts
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 tsp vanilla'
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
- FOR THE ICING
- 1/2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup icing sugar confectionary sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 6 hole donut pan with some nonstick spray.
- In a bowl whisk the egg and 1 Tbsp white sugar together. Add in milk and vanilla and stir well.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and coffee.
- Divide batter over the 6 donut cups then bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can make the icing, stir together the melted butter and brown sugar, add in milk and coffee then stir in the icing sugar, mix well so the coffee granules dissolve.
- Once the donuts have cooled off you can add the icing, best stored in the fridge after day 1 so the icing stays firm.
- Makes 6 donuts.
Smart Points- 5 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per donut- Calories 122...Fat 2.6g...Sat fat 1.3g...Carbs 22.6g...Fiber 1.7g...Sugar 10.7g..Protein 3.5g using My Fitness Pal