I am sure most of you have caught on to the two ingredient dough rage by now. Thanks to Weight Watchers freestyle and non fat plain greek yogurt having zero points this dough has blown up all over my social media feed. The idea has been around for a long time, but it was a few ladies on Instagram that made it instafamous! You guys know I am picky, and I won’t lie I was extremely skeptical, but… I absolutely loved it! I have only made bagels and pizza dough with it and both have been two big thumbs up from me. The two basic ingredients are self-raising flour and non fat plain greek yogurt. I have heard that you can use regular flour and add in the baking powder & salt but I have only ever used the self-raising flour, also I would not suggest trying regular yogurt as it is too runny. The alfredo sauce was also made using non fat plain greek yogurt and to my surprise tasted delicious, I am thinking it would be great on pasta and nice and low in points, you can play around with the portion sizes for the sauce if you want to try it for a pasta meal one night. This whole pizza on freestyle is just 9 smart points, I ate 1/2 of it and was full, my husband had a few slices and then I saved the last slice and re-heated the following day with my lunch. The toppings you can add onto this dough are endless but I really loved this chicken & spinach alfredo pizza!
Chicken & spinach alfredo pizza
- FOR THE DOUGH
- 1/2 cup self raising flour see picture
- 1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- FOR THE ALFREDO
- 1 tsp light butter melted
- 2 Tbsp skim milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- Dash salt & pepper
- 3 Tbsp non fat plain greek yogurt
- PIZZA TOPPINGS
- 4 oz cooked shredded chicken if doing freestyle you can add more
- Fresh spinach I used baby spinach
- 1/4 cup 16g shredded asiago cheese (the brand I used was 2SP)
- Sprinkle of Italian seasoning optional
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Make your dough by mixing your 1/2 cup of flour with 1/2 cup of yogurt, I am stilling playing around with the overall texture of this 2 ingredient dough, I find just a tiny bit less than 1/2 cup helps with it not being too sticky. Sprinkle a little flour on flat surface and knead dough for 2 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a sprayed piece of parchment paper, I made my crust more on the thin side for this pizza. Pre-bake dough in oven for 12 minutes.
- Now make your alfredo sauce, melt your 1 tsp butter in the microwave, 10-15 seconds should do it. Stir in your milk and your garlic powder, return to microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Then stir in your parmesan cheese, salt & pepper, and whisk in yogurt. It should give you a creamy sauce.
- Spread sauce over your pre-baked pizza dough leaving the edges clear.
- Top with your spinach, shredded chicken, asiago cheese, and seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for approx 14-16 minutes.
- Serve immediately, I cut mine into 6 pieces, on WW freestyle the whole pizza is 9 SP on blue and purple, 1/2 of the pizza is 7SP on green using the WW recipe builder.
- Nutritional info per 1/2 the pizza- Calories 259..Fat 7.6g..Sat fat 3.3g.. Carbs 24.3g..Fiber 1.3g..Sugar 2.2g..Protein 24.6g Smart points & Points plus is 7 for 1/2 the pizza