If your familiar with my recipes then you know by now that I try to keep things simple… Easy peasy as I like to say 😉 I mean really who has time now a days to be in the kitchen all day!! I’ve made some other pie’s for dinner that have been big hits like my Taco pie and my Bacon cheeseburger pie so I thought surely you would all love this chicken parmesan pie 🙂 It is super easy to make and only 7 freestyle smart points per serving.
- 1 package Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 cup pasta sauce (reduced fat kind)
- 12 oz cooked shredded chicken (I cook my chicken breast in the crock pot with a little broth on low for about 4-6 hours, chicken shreds up so nicely and you can use it for all kinds of meals)
- ⅔ cup light shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup panko crumbs (or bread crumbs but panko are a little lighter in points)
- 2 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 8 inch round pie dish. Unroll your dough and use the pieces to shape a pie crust into your dish, this will require a little work and you might need to break some pieces and even things out. Prebake dough for 5-7 minutes in oven.
- Place a few tablespoons of your pasta sauce on the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a bowl mix your shredded chicken with the remaining pasta sauce. Spoon into your pie crust.
- Sprinkle your mozzarella cheese on top, then your fresh chopped parsley.
- In a small bowl mix your oil, parmesan and panko crumbs, sprinkle on top of your pie.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes checking that your dough does not burn.
- Cut into six and serve immediately.
Smart points- 8 using SP calculator
Points plus- 7 using PP calculator
Nutritional info .. per serving.. Calories 282.. Fat 7.9g.. Saturated fat 2.7g... Carbs 31.5g.. Fiber 1.7g... sugars 6.1g... Protein 20.2g using My Fitness Pal