If you’re familiar with my recipes then you know by now that I try to keep things simple… Easy peasy as I like to say 😉 I mean really who has time nowadays to be in the kitchen all day!! I’ve made some other pie’s for dinner that have been big hits like my Taco pie and my Bacon cheeseburger pie so I thought surely you would all love this chicken parmesan pie 🙂 It is super easy to make and only 7 SP on both the blue & purple programs and 8SP on green.
- 1 package Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 cup pasta sauce (reduced fat kind)
- 12 oz cooked shredded chicken (I cook my chicken breast in the crock pot with a little broth on low for about 4-6 hours, chicken shreds up so nicely and you can use it for all kinds of meals)
- ⅔ cup light shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup panko crumbs (or bread crumbs but panko are a little lighter in points)
- 2 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 8 inch round pie dish. Unroll your dough and use the pieces to shape a pie crust into your dish, this will require a little work and you might need to break some pieces and even things out. Prebake dough for 5-7 minutes in oven.
- Place a few tablespoons of your pasta sauce on the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a bowl mix your shredded chicken with the remaining pasta sauce. Spoon into your pie crust.
- Sprinkle your mozzarella cheese on top, then your fresh chopped parsley.
- In a small bowl mix your oil, parmesan and panko crumbs, sprinkle on top of your pie.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes checking that your dough does not burn.
- Cut into six and serve immediately.
SP Green- 8 using WW recipe builder
Points plus- 7 using PP calculator
Nutritional info .. per serving.. Calories 282.. Fat 7.9g.. Saturated fat 2.7g... Carbs 31.5g.. Fiber 1.7g... sugars 6.1g... Protein 20.2g using My Fitness Pal