I love making bubble ups and they are always a big hit with all of you! Now that we have welcomed fall these type of dishes make for the perfect weekend casserole or any night for that matter. I figured it was about time I make a chili bubble up and with ground chicken being a zero point food on WW freestyle why not bulk it up with some. This chicken chili bubble up is easy to make and a satisfying meal, it was not the prettiest to photograph but I promise the taste makes up for it. Serves 6 at 5 freestyle points each.
- 1 lb ground chicken, raw
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 28oz
- 1 can tomato paste, 5.5oz
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 7.5oz package biscuits (as shown in picture)
- ¾ cup reduced fat shredded cheese, I used Trader Joe's 3 cheese blend
- In a large pan or skillet cook your ground chicken then drain any fat.
- Add in your diced peppers, onion, corn and garlic. Stir in canned tomatoes and tomato paste and all seasonings. Let cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cut your 10 small biscuits into 6 pieces each *note- these biscuits are a 7.5oz package, there is 10 small biscuits in the pack and the smart points for the whole pack is 17SP, if you are getting a higher point count in your recipe builder my guess is you are using a bigger pack of biscuits.
- Place your cut biscuits pieces into the chili mixture and gently stir.
- Pour chili and biscuit mixture into your casserole dish, check that your biscuit pieces are evenly spread and not all clumped together.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle your cheese on top then return to oven for 15 minutes longer.
- Makes 6 servings, each serving weighing approx 10oz, store in the fridge, leftovers will freeze well.
Smart Points- (green) 6 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 6 using PP calculator
Nutritional info- Calories 297...Fat 5g...Sat fat 1.8g...Carbs 31g...Fiber 4g...Sugar 11.4g...Protein 26.3g using My Fitness Pal *note- this incl all ingredients (old SP & PP were determined before entering any zero points foods)