I am so excited to share this latest bubble up creation with you all! This chicken enchilada bubble up was AMAZING… and doesn’t it just look so pretty 🙂 I love bubble up’s and I’m pretty sure all of you do too, they are simple and become family favorites! When I decided to create this enchilada dish I went out on a hunt for enchilada sauce and soon learned it is not as easy to find out here in Ontario, maybe if I had tried a specialty store but time was against me for that.. So I quickly turned to my friend Google and searched if “taquera sauce” which is what I found in my local grocery stores was similar to enchilada sauce and yes indeed it was.. The recipe calls for enchilada sauce and if you can find it near you great, but if not then use the taquera sauce. My good friend Dawn ( @life.as.dawn on instagram) and fellow weight watchers Canadian ambassador got a head start on this one and made it for her family last week, they all loved it!! Serves 6 at only 5 freestyle smart points per serving
Chicken enchilada bubble up
- 7.5 oz package of biscuit dough I use great value (bought in the U.S) they are similar to pillsbury but pillsbury discontinued the 4 value pack of 7.5 oz tubes, with 10 small biscuits in each, if you can not find the small 7.5oz pack use a larger pack and weigh out the portion you need, I recommend cutting your biscuit pieces smaller as well..
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken 8 ounces
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese I use a 3 cheese blend, any is fine.
- Green onion
- Diced avocado optional
- Diced fresh cilantro optional
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some non stick spray.
- Cut your 10 small biscuits into 6 pieces each.
- Use just 1/4 cup of your enchilada sauce and place in bottom of casserole dish just enough to cover it.
- Place 1/2 of your cut biscuits in dish on sauce.
- In a bowl mix your chicken with remaining 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce, diced peppers, diced tomato and chili powder.
- Spoon half of your chicken mixture on top of your biscuits, spreading out evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese, then repeat layer, remaining biscuits, remaining chicken mixture and remaining cheese.
- Top with diced green onion, loosely cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes, remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Top with fresh avocado and fresh cilantro (optional, but the nutritional info does include the avocado)
- Cut into 6 equal servings, each one weighing approx 6.5oz, store any leftovers in the fridge, bubble up should freeze well.