Fall and casseroles just go hand in hand don't they.. You all know I like to keep my dishes simple, who has time to be in the kitchen for hours cooking up dinner.. not me that's for sure! I've been wanting to do a chicken and rice dish for awhile now, but I wanted to put a little spin on it.. This crescent topped dish is so good, it's comfort food at it's best! I promise it is so easy to make and can be in your oven in about 10 minutes! Serves 6 at 8 freestyle smart points per serving.
Chicken & rice crescent topped casserole
- 1 can of low fat cream of chicken soup 284ml
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup milk I used 1%
- Juice from ½ squeezed lemon
- 10 oz cooked chicken I used shredded but cubed will work to
- 2 cups frozen broccoli feel free to swap out for a different veggie to suit you
- 2 cups cooked white rice or brown if you prefer but it's 2 points higher
- Dash of salt & pepper
- ⅔ cup reduced fat shredded cheese I used a 3 cheese blend
- 1 pkg pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, microwave your frozen broccoli with 3Tbsp of water for 2-3 minutes, mixing it half way.
- In a large bowl mix your soup, chicken, broth, broccoli, cooked rice, lemon, milk, shredded cheese and salt & pepper. Stir well.
- Pour out into your casserole dish.
- Take your crescent roll dough and keep it rolled up, cut into 8 equal parts (cut in half, then cut those halves in half) cut all 8 pieces in 4 (see picture below)
- Evenly place biscuit pieces over your chicken mixture, sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Bake in oven for approx 28-30 minutes, until your crescent rolls are golden brown.
- Makes 6 servings, each serving weighs out at approx 11oz and incl 5 crescent pieces.
SP green- 9 using WW recipe builder
Points plus- 9 using PP calculator
Nutritional info (not incl broccoli) per serving.. Calories 328..Fat 8.6g...Saturated fat 3.6g... Carbs 38.4g... Fiber 0.4g... Sugars 5.4g... Protein 24.2g using My Fitness Pal