I think we are all on the same page here when I share my love for cheese... am I right!! I'm just over here waiting for the day it becomes a zero point food (haha, one can dream) but in the meantime, I'll find ways to create delicious cheesy low point meals like my cheesy lasagna inspired stuffed chicken. This recipe is simple to make and something the whole family can enjoy, pair it with a little pasta or a fresh salad for a well balanced meal. Each serving is 4SP on blue & purple program, 7SP on green.
Cheesy lasagna inspired stuffed chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 4 tablespoon tomato pasta sauce
- ½ cup light ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup reduced fat shredded cheese *I used a 3 cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon italian herb
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper
- Mix together the bread crumbs with 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese (set other 3 tablespoon aside)
- Lay the crumb mixture out on a flat plate, and also sprinkle flour out on a separate flat plate.
- Whisk egg and a little water, place in a bowl large enough to dip the chicken into
- In a separate bowl mix together ricotta, shredded cheese, remaining 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese and italian seasoning.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat on the stove and add oil
- Cut open the chicken breast but not in half, just so you can stuff the breast.
- Add 1 tablespoon tomato sauce and ¼ ricotta mixture into each chicken breast, close the breast and then roll in the flour, dip in the egg then finish off with the bread crumb/parmesan mixture
- Sear each breast in the frying pan for approximately 3 minutes each side then transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake chicken in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately, chicken will freeze well.
Smart points- green 7 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 7 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 310..Fat 9.2g..Sat fat 4g...Carbs 10.3g..Fiber 0.4g...Sugar 1.5g...Protein 40.8g using My Fitness Pal