I’ve had this big mac salad recipe on my “to-make” list for quite some time, I just kept forgetting to make it but I finally got around to it, and let me tell you it is so tasty! I use to be so picky with my salads or pasta salads and not eat any with cold meat in it lol, I can be extremely picky with food but several years ago I made a delicious taco pasta salad that included ground turkey and I was hooked! Fast forward to this simple and delicious big mac salad, it is perfect for those summer barbecue parties. You can easily prep it the night before to save some time. Makes 12- 1 cup servings, 124 calories, 3PP on WW.
- Ground beef
- Iceberg lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Dill pickles
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic salt
- Onion powder
Tips & suggestions…
This salad can easily to prepped the night before, mix all of the dressing ingredients together and store in a sealed container in the fridge. Cook the ground beef, drain and store in a sealed container in the fridge, lastly wash and chop all of the vegetables and store in the fridge. Then you can just mix everything together when you are ready to serve.
You can add in extra veggies if you wish, some diced cucumber, chopped mushroom, and peppers, these would all be great additions.
I like using shredded cheddar, but any shredded cheese will work if you have a favorite feel free to switch it up.
If you follow WW and ground turkey or chicken is a 0PP food for you, you could use it as an alternative to save on points.
This salad is best enjoyed the day it is served. It will store ok in the fridge for 1-2 days but usually the lettuce will become wilted.
Big mac salad
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 6 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in fours
- 1/3 cup dill pickles, diced
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp relish
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
- In a bowl mix all of the dressing ingredients together, stir well then store in the fridge.
- Cook the ground beef in a frying pan over medium heat, drain any fat, and set aside.
- Thoroughly wash and chop the lettuce. Add the lettuce to a large bowl, stir in the onions, pickles, and tomatoes. Fold in the cooled ground beef.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture and stir well. Let chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- The salad makes 12- 1 cup servings.