This cheesy cauliflower bake is the perfect side dish for dinner and it would be great to take along for Thanksgiving for my American friends. I will admit I am not a big fan of cauliflower, I won’t eat it if it is just plain both raw or cooked but throw in some cheese and seasonings, bake it up and you have yourself a tasty dish that even I enjoyed! Makes 12 half-cup servings for 1SP on both blue & purple MyWW and 2SP on green.
Cheesy cauliflower bake
- 1 large head of caulifower
- 1 clove of garlic (diced)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 3 Tbsp light cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese (I used a 3 cheese blend)
- Green onion (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp panko crumbs
- Cut and wash the cauliflower florets and then boil in a large pot of water on stove over high-medium heat for approx 15 minutes. Remove from stove
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a 9x9 dish.
- Drain caulifower then return to pot and add in the garlic, onion powder, cream cheese and yogurt. Use an electric mixer or emersion blender to blend up the cauliflower.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and 1/2 of the diced green onion.
- Spoon into the dish, top with remaining cheese & panko crumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or untill cheese is bubbling, top with remaining fresh green onion.
- Makes 12- 1/2 cup servings
Smart points green- 2 using MyWW recipe builder
Points plus- 1 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per 1/2 cup serving... Calories 53....Fat 2.8g...Sat fat 1.7g...Carbs 3.5g...Sugar 1.5g..Protein 4.8g using My Fitness Pal *Note these numbers include all ingredients