Happy first day of fall y’all … Ha! I just really wanted to say that 😉 I love fall, everything about it, crisp cool mornings and evenings, beautiful colors on the trees, warm cozy sweaters, a hot cuppa tea with a warm fresh baked loaf… yup all things fall are a-ok in my books and I would take 365 days of fall a year if I could! My daughter requested a yummy loaf that she could take to school for lunch, and in her words she did’nt want it too “diety” Ha! She loves banana loaf so I took it up a notch and sweetened it up with caramel sauce and chocolate chips.. The end result was a delicious decadent loaf and she loved it. Just 4 smart points per piece and what better way to celebrate fall with a warm fresh slice of this yummy loaf!
Caramel chocolate chip banana bread
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white I use 2T liquid egg whites
- 2 Tbsp 0% greek yogurt plain or vanilla
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp caramel sauce I used smuckers
- 1 lg mashed banana
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized loaf pan.
- In a bowl beat together your egg, egg white, yogurt, brown sugar, vanilla, mashed banana and 2 Tbsp of caramel sauce (leave 1T aside for topping) Mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and soda. Fold in chocolate chips and pour into loaf pan.
- Place remaining Tbsp of caramel sauce in a small zip lock bag and cut of a small tip, drizzle over top of batter.
- Bake in oven approx 40-45 minutes. Let cool then cut into 10 slices. Each slice is 4 smart points on all 3 MyWW programs (3PP) Best stored in fridge.
- Nutritional info per slice (not incl banana) Calories 102...Fat 1.8g..Sat fat 0.9g... Carbs 19.6g... Fiber 0.3g..Sugars 8.9g... Protein 2.6g