Happy first day of fall y’all … Ha! I just really wanted to say that 😉 I love fall, everything about it, crisp cool mornings and evenings, beautiful colors on the trees, warm cozy sweaters, a hot cuppa tea with a warm fresh baked loaf… yup all things fall are a-ok in my books and I would take 365 days of fall a year if I could! My daughter requested a yummy loaf that she could take to school for lunch, and in her words she did’nt want it too “diety” Ha! She loves banana loaf so I took it up a notch and sweetened it up with caramel sauce and chocolate chips.. The end result was a delicious decadent loaf and she loved it. Just 4 smart points per piece and what better way to celebrate fall with a warm fresh slice of this yummy loaf!
Caramel chocolate chip banana bread
4PP, 4SP on blue, green & purple
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white I use 2T liquid egg whites
- 2 Tbsp 0% greek yogurt plain or vanilla
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp caramel sauce I used smuckers
- 1 lg mashed banana
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized loaf pan.
- In a bowl beat together your egg, egg white, yogurt, brown sugar, vanilla, mashed banana and 2 Tbsp of caramel sauce (leave 1T aside for topping) Mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and soda. Fold in chocolate chips and pour into loaf pan.
- Place remaining Tbsp of caramel sauce in a small zip lock bag and cut of a small tip, drizzle over top of batter.
- Bake in oven approx 40-45 minutes. Let cool then cut into 10 slices. Each slice is 4 personal points or 4 smart points on all 3 MyWW programs (3 points plus) Best stored in the fridge.
- Nutritional info per slice (not incl banana) Calories 102...Fat 1.8g..Sat fat 0.9g... Carbs 19.6g... Fiber 0.3g..Sugars 8.9g... Protein 2.6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I just found your site and yesterday I made this recipe but subbed pumpkin for the banana (because my bananas were not ripe enough to use and I had pumpkin on hand), SOO GOOD! Thank you so much for these delicious and healthy recipes. I can’t wait to try more of them.
Hi Amy, oh I like the sounds of that!! Glad you enjoyed it and hope you continue to enjoy the recipes 🙂
How much pumpkin did you add? Thanks!
This was so GOOD!
Awesome, glad you enjoyed! 🙂
Cannot wait to try these wonderful recipes.
I hope you enjoy them! 🙂
what can you substitute for the yogurt?
Apple sauce maybe? It might change texture and taste slightly
I’m not sure if you will see this since this post is older, but did you use sugar free caramel syrup or lite brown sugar or just regular?
Hi, just regular for both 🙂
I finally made this recipe on the weekend. So yummy and so satisfying! Thank you for sharing 🙂 I just love your recipes.
Hi Annette, so glad you enjoyed the loaf recipe 🙂
I think if you are serving the loaf to company, you might wait and drizzle the caramel just before serving. It would look really decadent then!
Yes, great suggestion 🙂 Thanks
So I am late making this recipe, but stumbled across it and whipped it up last night. It is incredible!! Even my son liked it (and he is picky). Will definitely be making this again. It is so hard for me to decide which loaf to make because all your recipes are excellent!!
Hi Dena, I am so glad you both enjoyed the loaf, I love baking up loaves, hopefully you enjoy the others 🙂
OMG, sooo good. Thank-you:)
Glad you enjoyed it 🙂
Love this recipe! I make it every week and it’s the perfect 3 point (minus the chocolate chips from the recipe) snack or dessert!
So glad you enjoy it Raquel 🙂
I really liked this, and so did my non-weight watchers roommate… but the batter was super thick/sticky for me and I had to add a fair amount of milk to combat. The only thing I can think of is that my banana wasn’t *that* ripe. Anyone have thoughts for something that might have gone wonky with mine?
Hi Molli, yeah possibly the banana, or maybe your bananas were very small? either way I am glad you both enjoyed it
I am thinking mini muffins. Only because I will eat the full loaf at least I can freeze the muffins.
Sounds like a good plan 🙂 You can freeze the loaf in single servings as well
Is it a 1 pound or a 2 pound loaf tin that you used? ?
I use a standard 9×5 loaf pan
Can I substitute with GF flour?
Hi Jen, I am not familiar with baking with GF flour so all I can say is give it a try