Who is excited sports are returning... ME! I know it is not what we are used to but it sure is nice to sit around and watch the game with some close friends or family and these buffalo chicken squares are the perfect snack to serve up. They are simple to make and taste amazing! I used my own ranch recipe you can find here to help keep the points low, and if you are not huge on spicy food feel free to lower the amount of franks sauce..they definitely have a nice kick to them. Makes 20 squares at 4 points each on WW.
Buffalo chicken squares
- 2 packages pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 3 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 6 oz softened light cream cheese
- ½ cup ranch dressing *I used my own recipe linked in opening write up
- ⅓ cup franks hot sauce
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese *I used a 3 cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a cookie sheet with some non stick spray
- Roll out one of the croissant doughs onto the cookie sheet and pinch any open seams closed, bake in the oven for 12 minutes, you are just baking the one croissant dough first.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, chicken, ranch, hot sauce and shredded cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly onto the baked croissant, top with the other croissant dough and pinch all seams together, brush with a little egg wash and then bake in the oven for approximately 28 minutes or until the top dough is golden brown and baked through.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes then cut into 20 squares, I did 5 across and 4 down.
- Store in the fridge, these will freeze well.
- *Optional to dip them in some ranch dressing, taste amazing!