Let’s talk about soup for a minute… I lOVE soup, I will eat it all year long but let’s face it, there is nothing quite like a warm bowl of soup on a chilly fall/winter day and dare I say this delicious buffalo chicken soup has we wanting the cool fall days to hurry up and get here! This recipe might just be my new favorite and I’m excited about all the portions I stocked up in the freezer. It is easy to make and to my fellow buffalo chicken lovers this one sure does have a kick to it, but if you like less spicy just use less franks. I used my zero point ranch dressing recipe to keep the points low, makes 12 servings at just 1 smart point each on WW freestyle.
Buffalo chicken soup
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Franks hot sauce *if you want spicier you can add more to taste later on
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 4 cups 16oz cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup of ranch dressing *I used my zero point dressing
- 2 oz light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- Green onion to garnish *optional
- Turn crockpot to high and add your chicken broth, veggies, garlic, tomato paste, hot sauce and salt & pepper, stir well and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Add in your ranch, cheese and chicken and stir well. Let cook 1 more hour and stir to melt cream cheese into soup.
- Serve warm, makes 12- 1 cup servings. Store in fridge or freeze.
- *Note- you can make this soup on the stovetop as well, over medium heat, the cooking time will be a lot less, likely approx 1 hour for the carrots/celery then 30 minutes once you add the chicken/cheese.
Smart Points- (green) 2 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info (incl all ingredients) Calories.. 103...Fat 2.6g...Sat fat 0.6g...Carbs 4g...Fiber 0.7g...Sugar 1.9g...Protein 15.2g using My Fitness Pal