If you’re familiar with my recipes then I am sure you know my love of buffalo chicken… and I couldn’t believe I had not made a bubble up creation yet. This casserole is seriously so good and easy to make. You can add in any veggies of your choosing to bulk it up, I decided not too, my daughter has become a huge buffalo chicken fan and was looking so forward to this and had I added in veggies she would have run the other way 😉 she gave it 2 big thumbs up!! Serves 6 at 7 freestyle smart points each.
Buffalo chicken & bacon bubble up
- 1-7.5 oz package pillsbury biscuits in the 4 value packs you can buy a larger pack and weigh out
- 6 oz softened light or fat-free cream cheese
- 12 oz cooked shredded chicken about 3 cups, I cook mine in the crockpot in a little broth on high about 3 hours depending on how much chicken your cooking
- 1/3 cup franks hot sauce
- 1/4 cup light ranch dressing to save points you could use my zero point recipe
- 1/2 cup light shredded cheese
- 5 slices cooked and crumbled bacon I use Wegman's brand from the U.S
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cut your 10 small biscuits into 6 pieces each and spread out on the bottom of your dish.
- In a bowl mix your cream cheese, ranch dressing and franks sauce. Stir in your shredded chicken.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto your biscuits making sure to cover all areas.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, remove and sprinkle cheese and crumbled bacon on top.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes. Cut into 6 equal servings, I don't weigh mine out I just make sure each serving is similar in size.
- *Please note, some comments below have people saying that when entering info into the WW app they are getting much higher numbers, I am in Canada and you may be in the U.S, changes to this such as different biscuits, a different brand of ranch or cheese can make a big difference, not only do I input my exact ingredients into my fitness pal, I also determine my SP value for each ingredient, add all those numbers up and divide by my yield, so I am doing double the work to ensure my numbers based on my ingredients are correct, I can not help if you have used a different product and it scans much higher.. Here is a break down of my ingredients and their SP (prior to freestyle)value.. Biscuits 17SP, Cream cheese 14SP, Chicken 8SP, Sauce 0Sp, Ranch 4SP, Cheese 6SP, Bacon 4SP
Smart points- (green) 8 using SP calculator
Points plus- 7 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories.. 291..Fat 11.8g..Sat fat 4.7g...Carbs 20g..Fiber 0.6g...Sugar 4.3g...Protein 24.7g using My Fitness Pal