Those who know me, know I am not much of a vegetable eater. I know I know, eat your vegetables! Ugh, one thing I could never use on my daughter because she would turn around and say it right back to me. 😉 But I do love peppers. 🙂 So it was time to make some stuffed peppers, and Mexican just seemed the way to go. I wanted to keep them simple and there is really not much to these.. Easy and simple dinner, that’s my kind of meal..
Easy Mexican stuffed peppers
- 6 peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup cooked rice I used a fine herbs long grain and wild rice.
- 1 T taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 1/3 cup diced peppers use your tops
- Grated light cheese I used a weight watchers Mexican blend
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a frying pan cook up your ground beef, drain. Add salsa, tomato sauce, cooked rice, onions, peppers and taco seasoning. let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut your peppers tops off and remove seeds. You can dice up your tops and ad to mixture. Place peppers in a dish.
- Fill peppers to the top with mixture and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each pepper with 1/4 cup of grated cheese, return to oven for 10-12 minutes, 5sp or pp each.