Yes that's right.. I just can't get enough bubble up's 😉 I love these dishes, easy to make and a great family meal. I will continue to create new bubble up's til I literally run out of ideas lol! Lasagna has got to be one of the most popular family go to meals, and it can also be high in points.. So I did a twist on it and made this delicious bubble up lasagna, no noodles just yummy baked up biscuits and man is it tasty! Serves 6 at 9 smart points each.
Bubble up lasagna
- 1 7.5 oz package of biscuit dough I buy the great value (4 pack) in the U.S, if you can't find them then use the bigger pillsbury biscuits and weigh out 7.5oz
- 1 lb cooked extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 ¼ cup light reduced fat pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian herb seasoning mix or a blend of basil & rosemary
- ½ cup light ricotta cheese
- 1.5 teaspoon pesto optional but adds a nice taste
- 2 tablespoon liquid egg whites
- ¾ cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1.5 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup light shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook and drain your ground beef.
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some coking spray.
- Dice your onion, in a bowl mix your ground beef, onion, pasta sauce and seasoning together.
- Cut up your 10 small biscuits into 6 small pieces each (60 pieces in total)
- Pour half of your meat mixture into the bottom of your dish.
- In a small bowl mix your ricotta, egg whites and pesto together, drop by small spoonfuls onto meat mixture and spread around covering as much as you can.
- Evenly place your small biscuits pieces on top of your ricotta.
- Add the remaining meat mixture, then top with your cottage cheese. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in oven uncovered for 25 minutes, remove from oven, sprinkle your mozzarella cheese on top and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 6 equal servings, each serving weighs approx 9-10oz, 9 smart points per serving, 8 points plus
- Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 332,.. Fat 13.1g,... Sat fat 5.4g, .. Carbs 24.2g.. Fiber 2.2g... Sugars 3.6g,... Protein 28.4g
- *Please note, I use the WW recipe builder to get my point value, and I also use my fitness pal to get the nutritional numbers, products can vary and I can only get the point values for recipes based of my products, if you get a higher or lower number then it is most likely due to product brands..