I love breakfast, it is definitely my favorite meal of the day and I love creating sweet breakfast bakes for a nice weekend brunch. While there is a little prep work involved for this one it is all worth it I promise! This blueberry maple breakfast biscuit bake is so good, bursting with blueberries and the sugar crumble topping adds just enough of a sweet finish. Makes 6 servings at 5SP each on blue & purple and 6SP on green for MyWW.
Blueberry maple breakfast biscuit bake
- 1 package great value biscuits (7.5oz *I buy these in the U.S, if you are in Canada you can use the smallest size you can find and weigh out 7.5oz for accurate point count)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (frozen can be used as well)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk *I use unsweetned cashew milk simply because I don't consume much dairy (you can use any milk however it may change the points)
- 1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup *mine is pictured (1/2= 5SP)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp light butter (melted)
- Bake the biscuits according to the package, it is best if you can bake them the night before so they are not too fresh and soft.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some cooking spray.
- Cut each of the biscuits into 12 pieces, spread pieces evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Spread out the fresh blueberries on top of the biscuit pieces.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup whisk together the eggs, milk, syrup, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour evenly over the biscuits and blueberries, cover and let sit in the fridge for 30 min - 1 hour, if you want to make this up overnight that is fine too. You can bake right away but for best results let it soak in the fridge for a bit first.
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar, flour and melted butter til it forms a crumb, sprinkle evenly over top of the bake.
- Heat oven to 350F and bake for 40 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings, store in the fridge and it will freeze well.
Smart points- green- 6 using WW recipe builder
Points plus- 5 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving..Calories... 208...Fat 6.1g..Sat fat 1.5g...Carbs 31g...Fiber 1.8g...Sugar 12.4g..Protein 7.1g using My Fitness Pal *Note- this includes all ingredients if using these number in the WW calculator you will get a higher point value due to zero point foods being in this recipe