When I saw how popular my Strawberry banana greek yogurt muffins had become, I knew I wanted to create a “spin off” type muffin.. I think what it comes down to is.. who does’nt love a regular sized 2 point muffin that taste delicious!! Well let me tell you, these similar blueberry lemon muffins do not disappoint and yup… only 2 smart points each… so what are waiting for? Go get baking! 🙂
Blueberry lemon banana yogurt muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white I use the carton of liquid egg whites, 2T=1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1/2 cup lemon flavored 0% greek yogurt vanilla will work if you can't find lemon
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup frozen blueberries no added sugars I used wild blueberries as they are nice and small
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer beat together your egg, egg white and brown sugar. Add in mashed banana, yogurt, lemon juice and vanilla and beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in baking powder, soda, lemon zest and flour.
- Gently fold in your frozen blueberries (fresh are ok but use smaller blueberries)
- Fill 10 muffin cups with your batter and bake in oven for approx 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Store in sealed container, best stored in fridge after 1 day.
- Makes 10 muffins at 2 personal points or 2SP on all 3 MyWW programs or 2 points plus (older program) each, Nutritional info per muffin (not incl berries or banana) Calories 71... Fat 0.6g...Saturated fat 0.2g... Carbs 12.6g...Fiber 0.3g..Sugars 3.1g...Protein 3.7g