Summer is almost here (I think.. despite all the rain we've been having here in Ontario, I'm hopeful we have many sunny days to come) Potato salad always seems to be that perfect dish to bring to any summer get together and I wanted to create a WW friendly one that everyone can enjoy. This parmesan bacon ranch potato salad is full of flavor and sure to be a hit with all your summer guests 🙂 Makes 10- ½ cup servings at 3 smart points each on WW freestyle, I use my zero point ranch dressing found here to keep points low.
Parmesan bacon ranch potato salad
- 4 Medium red potatoes cut into about 1 inch pieces
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled *I used center cut bacon
- 1 cup zero smart point ranch dressing *see link in opening write up for recipe
- 3 tablespoon reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Green onion chopped
- Wash and cut the potatoes into 1 inch pieces or close to, I did not peel my potatoes.
- Boil potatoes in water for approximately 15 minutes, you don't want to over boil them, just enough so they are fork tender.
- While potatoes are boiling you can cook and drain the bacon.
- Once potatoes are ready drain and then let cool.
- When the potatoes have cooled down add in the ranch dressing (see opening write up for a link to my zero point ranch dressing) mayonnaise, mustard, parmesan cheese, onion powder, crumbled bacon and green onion, stir slowly but making sure everything mixes up well.
- You can serve immediately or let chill in the fridge, makes 10- ½ cup servings