I have been wanting to make a spaghetti bake for awhile and this idea just came to me one day because I had a ranch powder dip in my cupboard that I was wondering what to do with.. This dish is so full of flavor and I think the whole family will enjoy it.. It makes 6 generous servings at only 6 freestyle smart points each, pasta can vary in points so I have included a picture of the brand I used and showed the nutrition information to compare.
Chicken ranch spaghetti bake
- 164 g whole wheat spaghetti measured dry
- 2 cups 8oz shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup milk I used 1%
- 1- 28 g package ranch dip powder mix see picture below
- 2 oz light cream cheese
- 5 oz light shredded mozzarella cheese I used Trader Joe's brand, 5oz = 6SP
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 3 Tbsp real bacon bits crumble
- Green onion optional
- Boil your pasta till it is cooked, drain and return to pot over low heat.
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 dish with some non stick spray
- Add your chicken, cream cheese, milk, sour cream, ranch mix and 2 oz of your mozzarella (leave the other 3 oz for topping) to your cooked pasta, stir well till everything is mixed together and cheese is melted.
- Add pasta mixture to your casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese, bacon bits and green onion.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Cut into 6 equal servings , each serving is approx 7.5 oz.. Recipe is okay to freeze.
Smart points- (green) 7 using WW recipe builder
Smart Points- (purple) 3 using WW recipe builder
Points plus- 7 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving .. Calories 278... Fat 7.6g...Sat fat 2.9g.. Carbs 26.4g... Fiber 2.8g... Sugars 4.2g... Sodium 764.2mg...Protein 24.6g using My Fitness Pal