When you’ve got weight loss goals, Bacon Cheeseburger isn’t what you think of when you’re trying to lighten up your dinners. But this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole won’t ruin any of your progress. Instead, it gives you all the flavors you’re missing from the “fun food”.
A regular bacon cheeseburger can have around 800 calories and over 80 grams of fat. This casserole is less than 250 calories and 8 grams of fat per serving. You’re cutting the calories by more than half, without cutting out the classic flavors.
With more protein than carbs or fat, this casserole is going to leave you full and help with fat loss. It can’t get better than that! After making this recipe once, you’ll be hooked. It’s easy, it’s delicious, and it’s healthy!
Three reasons why you need to make try this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole!
- Who doesn’t want a cheeseburger on their diet? Diets need to be sustainable. If you’re constantly only allowing yourself bland foods, it’s not going to last long. With this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, you can have the flavor of a cheeseburger without the guilt. It’ll keep those cravings at bay, and your weight loss results on track.
- There’s a big margin for error. It really can’t get much easier than a casserole. Throw a bunch of ingredients into a dish and let it cook. This recipe is great for people that really don’t love being in a kitchen. With the easy steps listed, you can’t mess it up.
- It’s kid-friendly! One of the hardest parts about being on a diet is the need to make different meals for yourself because you can’t eat what the family is eating. This recipe is a win-win because the kids will love it as much as you do. You can even turn it into a family activity and have the kids tear apart the biscuit dough for you.
Ingredients you need to make Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole:
- 1 (7.5 oz) package Great Value biscuits in the 4-value pack. It’s 10 small biscuits per can. You can buy a different pack as long as you weigh out 7.5 oz of biscuit dough for the recipe. Otherwise, it will change the points.
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 4 slices Oscar Meyer center-cut bacon
- ⅔ cup light or reduced-fat shredded cheese
- ¼ cup sugar-free ketchup. G Hughes is a good brand.
- ¼ cup mustard
- 2 tablespoon bread crumbs
- ½ cup diced onions
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 9x13 dish with pam spray.
- Cook the lean ground beef on the stove until fully cooked, then drain off the fat. Salt and pepper the ground beef while it’s cooking to start layering flavor into the dish. Do not rinse ground beef!
- While ground beef is cooking, microwave the 4 slices of bacon until crispy.
- Cut up the 10 Pillsbury biscuits into 8 pieces each then spread evenly in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked ground beef, ketchup, mustard, diced onion, bread crumbs, 2 pieces of your chopped bacon (leave other 2 pieces aside), and ⅓ cup cheese (leave other ⅓ cup aside).
- Spoon this mixture onto the dough pieces in your dish. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bacon and return to oven for additional 10 minutes.
Makes 6 servings. Nutrition info per serving: 249 calories, 7.6 g fat, 22.6 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 4.7 g sugar, 23.2 g protein.
How many ww points in Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole?
- Great Value Biscuits 16 points
- 95% Lean Ground Beef 19 points
- Center Cut Bacon 4 points
- Light Shredded Cheese 7 points
- Sugar-Free Ketchup 0 points
- Mustard 0 points
- Breadcrumbs 2 points
- Onion 0 points
8 points per serving based on the ww app recipe creator.
If you’re using an older version of WW, check out these points below.
- 7 personal points or 7SP.
- All 3 MyWW programs-
- 6 points plus per serving.
Need a change-up in the ww points? Here are variations:
- Add pickles! To make this more like a traditional cheeseburger, add some diced pickles after it’s baked.
- Take out the breadcrumbs, and save a few points. Breadcrumbs help prevent the casserole from being too dry, but as long as you make sure to stick with the baking time and not go too long, the casserole will work just fine without them.
- Try making this with WW Two Ingredient Dough instead of the biscuits. It will save you quite a bit of points! Just make sure to pre-bake the dough pieces for 7-10 minutes before adding the meat mixture on top.
- Decrease the points by using lean ground turkey instead of beef. It won’t give the same classic bacon cheeseburger flavor, but it will still be a delicious dinner casserole.
Tips and Tricks for Making Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Some ovens vary, so you may want to cook the dough pieces for about 7 min to ensure they cook all the way through once the mixture goes on top.
- You can save some dinner prep time by preparing the entire casserole the night before. Follow all of the steps up until the point of cooking. Cover the dish well with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Take the casserole out of the fridge the next day when you’re ready to bake. Let it come to room temperature while the oven pre-heats. Bake as directed.
- Make ahead and freeze version: Instead of making this recipe in a 9x13 casserole dish, make into 12 servings in a muffin tin. Make sure to use muffin tin liners for easy clean up and storing. After you’ve made the 12 bacon cheeseburger casserole muffins, let them cool, and store them in a freezer Ziploc bag. When you’re ready to eat, grab two muffins and pop in the microwave for 1-2 min.
- Crockpot version: if you want this ready to eat when you get home, you can use the crockpot! Just make sure to drain the cooked beef very well before adding it to the crockpot. Too much grease will cause it to be soggy. It will take about 4 hrs on low in the crockpot.
Similar recipes you’ll enjoy:
Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- 1 7.5 oz package pillsbury biscuits in the 4 value pack If you cant find that size you can buy the bigger pack and weigh out, for those that can't find pillsbury products, try using pizza dough, however the points may be higher.
- 1 lb cooked lean ground beef
- 4 slices cooked low point bacon I use Oscar Mayer
- ⅔ cup light shredded cheese
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup mustard I used a honey dijon
- 2 tablespoon bread crumbs
- ½ cup diced onions
- Cook both your ground beef and bacon on the stove, drain fat.
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cut up your 10 small pillsbury biscuits into 8 pieces each, spread evenly in the bottom of the casserole dish. Some ovens vary, so if you want you can pop the dough pieces that are in the dish in oven for about 5-10min to assure they cook all the way through once mixture goes on top. (My oven is fine and does not require this step)
- In a bowl mix your ground beef, ketchup, mustard, diced onion, bread crumbs, 2 pieces of your bacon, chopped up (leave other 2 pieces aside) and ⅓ cup cheese (leave other ⅓ cup aside)
- Spoon meat mixture onto the dough pieces in your dish. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bacon and return to oven for additional 10 minutes.
- Serves 6 at 7 personal points or 7SP on all 3 MyWW programs, 6 points plus per serving.
- Nutritional info, per serving.. Calories 249... Fat 7.6g... Saturated fat 3.2g... Carbs 22.6g... Fiber 1.1g... Sugars 4.7g... Protein 23.2g