I was craving pizza but wanted to change things up.. I was inspired by my bacon cheeseburger pie to create a similar pizza pie and boy was this tasty! Using ground turkey (or chicken if you prefer) keeps the points nice and low. This meal is so simple to make and something the whole family can enjoy. I used regular pepperoni as I have never been a fan of turkey but you can change it up to suit you, you can also add in any veggies you’d like. It’s definitely a dish you can cater to you.. Makes 8 servings at just 4 smart points each on WW freestyle.
- 1 package reduced fat pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 lb ground turkey, weighed raw
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced peppers
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- 1 Tbsp italian seasoning
- 20 slices of pepperoni (I used regular, you can sub turkey if you wish, mine was 4SP)
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- *topped with extra italian seasoning, feel free to swap out veggies or add in some extra
- Cook your ground turkey in a pan on stove and drain.
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a round 8 inch pie dish with some cooking spray.
- Open your crescent rolls and make a pie crust in your dish, this can be a bit of a jigsaw puzzle but just be sure to cover all areas.
- Pre-bake crust for 10 minutes then remove from the oven.
- In a bowl mix together your turkey, pizza sauce, diced veggies and seasoning.
- Pour mixture into your crust, top with 20 slices of pepperoni, then sprinkle your cheese on top and add a little more seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, checking your crust does not burn.
- Cut into 8 servings. Store pie in the fridge, it will freeze well.
- *Note- I am not sure how this will turn out using 2ID, I only made it as recipe states, all I can suggest is to try it.. I like 2ID (two ingredient dough, greek yogurt/self-raising flour) but I don't want to use it for everything if you get me 😉
Smart Points- (green) 5 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 5 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 178...Fat 6.9g...Sat Fat 2.1g...Carbs 15.9g...Fiber 0.6g...Sugar 4.5g...Protein 14.5g using My Fitness Pal *Includes all ingredients