For my friends across the border it’s almost memorial day weekend and I teamed up with the awesome folks over at Flatout bread to bring you these super easy and super tasty taco pockets. Great to serve up to your guests, just 112 calories and 2 smart points each! I love Flatout bread and use them weekly to keep me on track, they are also now officially endorsed by Weight Watchers, how cool is that! There is several varieties and you can search their store locator here to see where you can pick some up today.. To my American friends I wish you a very happy memorial day, enjoy your time with family & friends and whip up some of these easy taco pockets, sure to be a crowd favorite!
Flatout taco pockets
- 6 Flatout original light
- 1 lb raw extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1.5 Tbsp taco seasoning add more to taste if you prefer
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheese I used a 3 cheese blend
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp water
- Cooking spray
- Sour cream & salsa for topping optional
- Feel free to add in diced tomato if you wish
- Cook and drain your ground beef in a pan on stove over medium heat, add in diced peppers & onions and taco seasoning, plus a few tablespoons of water and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a baking sheet with some non stick cooking spray.
- Cut your flatout wraps in half using a pizza cutter.
- In a small bowl mix your flour and water together to form a thick paste, add more water if too thick.
- As show in picture place a small amount of flour paste at the top of your half wrap, but only half way across. Fold over to form a cone shape and the flour paste will seal them.
- Add in a few spoonfuls of taco beef mixture, about 1/4 cup just don't overfill, and a small sprinkle of cheese, leave enough room to seal them.
- Place some more flour paste on the top piece of your wrap and seal closed, forming a triangle shape. Repeat with all 12 pieces.
- Place on baking sheet and spray pockets with some cooking spray just on the one side.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes
- Serve warm from the oven with sour cream and salsa for dipping.
- Makes 12 pockets at 2 smart points each on all 3 MyWW programs (3 points plus)
- Nutritional serving per pocket .. Calories 112....Fat 3.6g...Sat fat 1.4g...Carbs 7.9g...Fiber 4g...Sugars 0g....Protein 14.6g...Sodium 261mg
- *Feel free to half the recipe if you only want 6 pockets, and yes you can swap out ground turkey.. Pockets best served immediately..