I was pretty over due for a new donut recipe… Something I like to bake up often. I know a lot of you ask when I post donuts where I bought my pan from, I have purchased mine at both Target and Micheal’s craft store (here in Canada) you can also check bed bath and beyond or order on Amazon, my pan is a 6 hole regular donut size by Wilton. I love baking up donuts, just seems a little more of a fancy treat that way 🙂 These apple crisp donuts with caramel drizzle are scrumptious! They have small pieces of apple inside and a sweet crumble topping on top, then the caramel drizzle finishes them off to leave a great flavor combo in your mouth! Recipe makes 6 donuts at just 94 calories and 3 smart points each..
Apple crisp donuts with caramel drizzle
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp liquid egg whites I buy the carton of egg whites
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 Tbsp melted reduced fat butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp sugar free caramel sauce I buy Smucker's
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 6 hole donut pan with non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg whites and brown sugar. Stir in milk & vanilla then mix in your flour and baking powder.
- Peel and dice your apple into very small pieces and fold into batter.
- Divide batter over your 6 donut holes.
- In a small bowl mix your white sugar and 1.5 Tbsp of flour together, then add your melted margarine and using a fork form a crumble with it. Then sprinkle over your 6 donuts.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes and then cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a knife gently remove donuts from pan scraping around the edges, place your caramel sauce in a small zip lock bag and cut off a tiny hole, drizzle over your 6 donuts. For best results do not drizzle with caramel until you are ready to serve. Best stored in fridge after day 1.
- Makes 6 donuts at 3-4 personal points each, 3SP, (2 points plus)
- Nutritional info per donuts..Calories 94...Fat 1.1g...Sat fat 0.3g... Carbs 18.2g...Fiber 0.4g...Sugar 5g....Protein 2.7g